Our Adolescent Medicine & Pediatric Gynecology team is specially trained to care for kids through adolescence. We’re uniquely qualified to evaluate and treat any health concerns related to puberty. That means we know just how to speak and listen to kids and teens, and answer their questions as their bodies and brains develop.
Common Conditions and Concerns We See
- Menstrual cycle problems (irregular, absent, painful or excessive menstruation)
- Vaginal or uterine anomalies
- Ovarian cysts and pelvic masses
- Sexually transmitted infections (STIs)
- Early or delayed puberty
- Gender and sexuality concerns
- Contraceptive care
- Medical care for children in foster care
- Menstrual suppression for medically complex children
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS)
- Human papilloma virus (HPV) vaccine
- Prepubertal vaginal bleeding
- Drug use/abuse (including medication-assisted treatment)
- Fertility concerns for cancer survivors
- Pediatric gynecology surgical services
For Appointments: (302) 651-4200
- photo ID
- medical and pharmacy insurance cards
- preferred pharmacy name and phone number
- names and dosage of all medications, including over-the-counter medication, your child is currently taking
- guardianship and custody papers, if a legal guardian rather than a parent accompanies your child
- Patient Presents Without Legal Guardian (PDF)
English | Spanish
Note: A parent or legal guardian must be with a child for a first visit.
Resources for Patients & Families
The Adolescent Medicine & Pediatric Gynecology team at Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children is specially trained in caring for girls with gyncecological concerns from birth through adolescence, as well as male teens with concerns.
Services We Provide
- Birth control, abstinence and contraceptive counseling
- Intrauterine devices (IUDs) for medical reasons (e.g., heavy bleeding, cramps)
- Pregnancy testing, diagnosis and subsequent referrals for services
- Sexuality/reproduction health education and adolescent sexual health counseling (including for those with special needs)
- Smoking cessation (counseling and treatment)
- Screening evaluations for substance abuse
- Rapid HIV testing
When it comes to treatment, we work closely with Nemours pediatric specialists from other areas (such as Behavioral Health and Nutrition for a child with an eating disorder), as well as with you, the parent, to make sure your child gets the personalized care he or she deserves.
When It's Time to Transition to Adult Care
We also offer guidance about transitioning your teen’s health care to adult caregivers when the time comes.