At Nemours, we promise to do whatever it takes to treat children as we would our own. When your child comes to Nemours, we know you’re placing your trust in us. This trust and our dedication to improving the health of your child is what inspires us to provide exceptional care and the most satisfying experience possible.
Stories: Patients and families share their experiences.
- Michael: Aortic Stenosis
- Dalton: Cardiology
- Sierra: Congenital Heart Defects
- Owen: Coarctation of the Aorta and Bicuspid Valve
- Seth: Heart Transplants in Children
- Brendan and Dylan: High Cholesterol
- Lucy: Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome
- Mavrik: Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome
- Alexander: Tetralogy of Fallot
- Capucine:Tetralogy of Fallot
- Katie: Tetralogy of Fallot
- Luke: Total Anomalous Pulmonary Venous Return
- Miracle: Unbalanced Atrioventricular Canal Defect
Quality & Safety: Learn how we track and measure the success of our care.
- Faster Echocardiogram Results Mean Earlier Diagnosis
- World-Class Surgery Offers Big Help for the Littlest Hearts
- Giving Even the Sickest Children the Best Chance at Life
Patient Satisfaction: See what families say about our care.
News & Recognition
Giving Even the Sickest Children the Best Chance at Life
At Nemours, we treat children with all kinds of diseases and conditions, including complex and terminal illnesses. No matter what a child’s predicted outcome, we make every effort to do whatever it takes to improve the lives and the longevity of every patient we see.
In fact, for years we’ve had a better-than-expected mortality rate, meaning that there were far fewer deaths in hospitalized patients (“inpatients”) compared to the national rate at other pediatric facilities for the expected number of deaths in children with critical and terminal illnesses.
One of the many ways we’re able to ensure that most of our patients, even those who are the most vulnerable, live longer is by providing 24/7 care from highly specialized pediatric experts such as critical care medicine doctors and cardiac intensive care teams. Round-the-clock care from our physicians and health care teams who specialize in treating children with serious medical needs can make all the difference for kids when it counts the most.
Nemours’ state-of-the-art technology and equipment, as well as our knowledge and use of the latest advancements in pediatric research and practices also help us keep the children we treat as healthy as possible, with the best quality of life for as long as possible.