A nationwide recall was issued for a medical device used during cardiac surgery. Learn More »
Nemours Cardiac Center, Delaware Valley
Your Child's Precious Heart, Our Promise
As national leaders in pediatric cardiac care, we specialize in children's heart disease, from the simplest to the most complex. From before birth through the teen years, your child can get all of the services related to heart care here at the Nemours Cardiac Center — in one place, at one time.
Expert Care With Heart
A Specialized Cardiac Center of Clinical Excellence
The Nemours Cardiac Center, based at Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children in Wilmington, Del., focuses solely on caring for children with heart disease. The Cardiac Center team specializes in providing comprehensive pediatric cardiovascular care within a family-supportive environment. Our singular focus helps us achieve excellent outcomes across the spectrum of pediatric and congenital heart disease, from the simplest to the most complex conditions. Every part of our heart center is tailored to helping us offer seamless, outstanding, family-friendly cardiac care 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year.
Why Choose Us: The Nemours Cardiac Center
- Comprehensive, Full-Service Care. We offer a wide range of specialized cardiology and cardiac surgery expertise, plus access to more than 30 other medical and surgical specialties.
- Excellent Outcomes. Our Cardiac Center outcomes and quality measures place us among the top pediatric heart centers in the country.
- Advanced Treatment and Diagnosis. We offer leading-edge capabilities to detect and repair heart problems early — giving children the best chance at a long, fulfilling life.
- Complex Heart Surgery Expertise. We’re experienced and highly skilled in high-risk heart procedures in kids, even newborns only hours old.
- Complete Care for the Tiniest Hearts. The Nemours Cardiac Center specializes in treating newborns and infants with heart disease — 2 out of 3 of our patients are less than a year old.
- High Patient and Family Satisfaction. In annual surveys, 100 percent of our Nemours Cardiac Center patients said they would recommend duPont Hospital for Children.
- Award-Winning Care. We’re ranked among the best children’s hospitals in the nation for pediatric cardiology and cardiac surgery by U.S. News and World Report.
- Leaders in Pediatric Heart Failure Treatment. We’re one of only a few children’s hospitals nationwide named a Pediatric Heart Failure Institute by the Healthcare Accreditation Colloquium.
- Convenient, Hassle-Free Locations. Our heart center is nestled in a serene park-like setting that’s easy to get to from anywhere in the region. Outpatient satellite offices bring our high-quality care closer to home.
- Care From the Womb Through the Teens. From diagnosis of fetal heart problems to managing adolescents' heart disease, we offer comprehensive pediatric cardiac care at every age and stage.
At the Nemours Cardiac Center, what truly sets us apart is our personalized, family-centered approach. We recognize that you and your child will experience challenges as you embark on this journey. We’ll be with you every step of the way, helping you understand and cope with your child’s diagnosis and treatment, and assisting you with the complexities throughout your child’s care.