We know the idea of neurological problems can be scary for you and your child. Treating each child as our own, our Nemours pediatric neurology specialists provide expert care that’s as compassionate as it is technologically advanced. Whether your child has an injury or a neurological condition, we can help your child recover, improve and get back to just being a kid.
Neurological issues can affect your child’s cognitive functioning (ability to think, reason and make behavior choices), physical functioning (the way the body works), or both. Our Nemours pediatric neurologists take a team approach that brings in a variety of specialists who work together to give your child the best possible care.
The pediatric neurologists at Nemours have the expertise to evaluate, diagnose and treat children with a wide range of neurological injuries and conditions, including:
- epilepsy and seizures
- headache and migraines
- cerebral palsy, muscular dystrophy and other neuromuscular disorders
- developmental delay
- sleep disorders
- learning and language disorders
- muscle and nerve disorders
- tumors in the nervous system such as neurofibromatosis, tuberous sclerosis and other neurocutaneous syndromes
- Tourette syndrome and other tic disorders
- concussions and other traumatic brain injuries
For Appointments: (904) 697-3600
- photo ID
- medical and pharmacy insurance cards
- preferred pharmacy name and phone number
- names and dosage of all medications, including over-the-counter medication, your child is currently taking
- guardianship and custody papers, if a legal guardian rather than a parent accompanies your child
Bring these forms for your first appointment:
- Authorization for Treatment and Release of Information (PDF)
- Assignment of Benefits (PDF)
- Notice of Limited Liability (PDF)
You may also bring (if available):
- copies of any previous neurologic studies (both interpretations of results by other professionals as well as laboratory results, CT scan or MRI images, and EEG tracings)
- copies of any previous neurologic evaluations by other neurologists
New Patient Forms
- Patient Registration (PDF)
Returning Patient Forms
- Release of Information (PDF)
English | Spanish
- Patient Presents Without Legal Guardian (PDF)
English | Spanish
Note: A parent or legal guardian must be with a child for a first visit.
Resources for Patients & Families
Nemours pediatric neurologists in Jacksonville, Fla., provide advanced neurological care for children with injuries and conditions affecting the brain, spine and nervous system. Many of the same neurology experts come to the Nemours Children’s Specialty Care, Jacksonville South, from our downtown Jacksonville clinic to offer convenient, accessible specialty care to kids in our community.
Treating Complex Neurological Disorders in Children at Nemours
At Nemours Children’s Specialty Care, Jacksonville South, we provide routine neurological care and many kinds of exams, tests and procedures in a comfortable, kid-friendly environment.
For more complex procedures and tests, we partner seamlessly with specialists from Wolfson Children’s Hospital and UF Health/Shands Jacksonville. Together we use the most advanced diagnostic tools, techniques and equipment to evaluate and treat infants, children and teens with a wide range of neurological disorders.
Nemours is also part of the Brunell Family Pediatric Neurodiagnostic Center at Wolfson’s, a facility where kids can receive advanced diagnostic image testing.
Nemours’ Pediatric Partners in Neurologic Care
Nemours specialists not only partner with Wolfson Children’s Hospital and UF Health/Shands Jacksonville to provide the most comprehensive care for neurologic disorders in children, we also collaborate with Mayo Clinic Jacksonville to help them train residents about the special challenges of pediatric neurology.
The neurology team at Nemours Children’s Specialty Care, Jacksonville South includes a variety of specialists and care providers, such as:
- advanced practice nurses (APNs)
- physician assistants (PA)
Depending on your child’s needs, other providers on your team may include:
- speech and language therapists
- physical therapists
- occupational therapists
- social workers
No matter where your child receives care at Nemours, your medical team (including your primary care provider) can access your child’s medical history, test results and visit notes anytime through our award-winning electronic health record system.
You can also view parts of your child's health records, communicate with your Nemours care team, make appointments, request prescription refills and more through our MyNemours online patient portal.
The Nemours Children’s Specialty Care, Jacksonville South, offers X-ray imaging onsite, while MRIs and nuclear medicine studies, CT scans, ultrasounds and interventional radiology services are provided at Wolfson Children’s Hospital, our pediatric partner.
If your child needs additional tests, therapies or rehabilitation, surgery or an overnight hospital stay, our pediatric neurology care team and the pediatric experts at Wolfson Children’s Hospital will take good care of your family and make the experience as easy and stress-free as possible.
The Nemours Commitment to Family-Centered Care
At Nemours, we recognize the importance of the family in the care and healing process. Because many of the children we see have chronic illnesses that require repeated visits, we build strong relationships with our families that foster respect, dignity and collaboration. We’re also committed to educating children and families about the medical condition, and how best to manage it. Our goal is to get your child back to the business of being a kid as quickly as possible.