Integrative medicine is a field of medicine geared toward healing. That doesn’t mean "curing" — it’s about caring for the whole child (body, mind, and spirit). Pediatric integrative medicine works in conjunction with a child’s medical care, which blends traditional and alternative (complementary or holistic) medical therapies for children to help them feel better physically and emotionally.
Pediatric integrative medicine helps children with all kinds of conditions and needs by:
- helping them to relax
- reducing stress
- increasing movement and exercise while nourishing the body
Hours: Call for hours
Please arrive 15 minutes before your appointment so we have plenty of time to register your child in our system.
- photo ID
- medical and pharmacy insurance cards
- preferred pharmacy name and phone number
- names and dosage of all medications, including over-the-counter medication, your child is currently taking
- guardianship and custody papers, if a legal guardian rather than a parent accompanies your child
- Patient Registration (PDF)
- Patient Presents Without Legal Guardian (PDF)
English | Spanish
Note: A parent or legal guardian must be with a child for a first visit.
Resources for Patients & Families
Pediatric integrative medicine blends traditional and complementary (or holistic) medical therapies to care for the whole child (body, mind and spirit). At this time at Nemours duPont Pediatrics, Glen Mills, we offer the following pediatric integrative medicine services (additional services will be added in the future):
Available to all patients, this noninvasive therapy is safe for children of all ages. An accredited and certified Healing Touch provider, most often a nurse, may use a gentle, nurturing touch (or other therapeutic techniques without touch) to encourage the body’s natural ability to heal by influencing your child’s own energy field. Used in hospitals throughout the country, this holistic approach to healing encourages and supports the body’s natural ability to heal and feel better.
Each session is tailored to your child’s need and may help to:
- lessen pain
- reduce stress
- increase relaxation
- promote overall healing
- calm anxiety/depression
- strengthen the immune system
- enhance recovery from surgery
- complement care for neck and back surgery
- support cancer care
- create a sense of well-being
Call (302) 651-HEAL (651-4325) for more information or to schedule an appointment.
We know your child’s treatments can take a toll on your child. Massage therapy offers children a soothing, relaxing and calming escape from treatments. A massage therapist may use pleasant-smelling oils, quiet music and/or a light touch to loosen tight muscles and make the blood flow easily throughout the body.