Our pediatric occupational therapy program provides evaluation and treatment services for children who have difficulty performing everyday activities. We design a comprehensive pediatric occupational therapy program tailored to your child. Our goal is always to restore as much function and independence as possible.
Pediatric occupational therapy is for children with a variety of conditions, including:
- those that are present at birth (such as cerebral palsy or
- those acquired through illness (such as muscular dystrophy
or juvenile rheumatoid arthritis)
- those acquired through accident or injury (such as traumatic brain injuries, spinal cord injury, or loss of a body part)
- those due to prematurity or developmental delay
- deficits in sensory processing, commonly seen in autism
Hours: Hours vary; call to schedule an appointment.
For Appointments: (800) 416-4441
- photo ID
- medical and pharmacy insurance cards
- preferred pharmacy name and phone number
- names and dosage of all medications, including over-the-counter medication, your child is currently taking
- guardianship and custody papers, if a legal guardian rather than a parent accompanies your child
- Patient Registration (PDF)
- Patient Presents Without Legal Guardian (PDF)
English | Spanish
Note: A parent or legal guardian must be with a child for a first visit.
Resources for Patients & Families
Pediatric occupational therapy specialists at Nemours duPont Pediatrics, Deptford, evaluate and treat children who have difficulty performing some of the activities of daily living. With all-new facilities and an expanded team of skilled, certified specialists and licensed therapists, Nemours brings a new level of care to children throughout South Jersey.
If a physical, cognitive or developmental problem makes it difficult for your child to learn, process information or perform everyday tasks (like self care, school and leisure activities), pediatric occupational therapy can help. We’ll evaluate your child’s needs, consult with other professionals and provide family education for you, the parents, as well as siblings and others involved in your child’s care.
Using this family-centered approach we can help your child by:
- managing sensory disorders
- splinting upper extremities
- training movement and strengthening muscles
- helping you and your child learn to manage activities of daily living, such as eating, dressing, and hygiene
Additional services, including specialized types of diagnostic testing and treatment, are available at Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children in Wilmington, Del.
Therapy Services Recognized for Commitment to Care
Nemours has the only pediatric outpatient therapy services program in New Jersey and the greater Philadelphia region accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF), demonstrating our commitment to provide the highest quality patient care.