Pediatric palliative care is a specialized, growing area of medicine that focuses on providing comfort and improving the quality of life of children with serious or life-threatening illnesses. It addresses the emotional and physical symptoms of patients with severe conditions – from the time of diagnosis of the illness and throughout the course of treatment. Pediatric palliative care specialists also provide resources to families to help them cope with the stresses of their child’s condition and treatment.
From Nemours' KidsHealth
- Taking Care of You: Support for Caregivers
- Relaxation Techniques for Children With Serious Illness
- Caring for a Seriously Ill Child
- Managing Home Health Care
- Complementary and Alternative Medicine
- How Can Spirituality Affect Your Family's Health?
- End-of-Life Care for Children With Terminal Illness
- Palliative Care
- Helping Your Child Deal With Death