Pediatric plastic surgery is technically any operation that improves a child’s physical appearance, but what we do at Nemours is different. We’re focused on pediatric plastic surgery that betters the movement and function of parts affected by injury, disease, genetic syndromes, birth defects, or abnormal development and improves a child’s outside appearance and helps kids feel better about themselves on the inside.
Common Conditions or Injuries for Pediatric Plastic Surgery
- craniofacial impairments: defects or deformities of the head, skull, or face (like cleft lip and palate) that are genetic or congenital (meaning present since birth)
- wounds and facial injuries
- skin lesions
- head or neck tumors
- vascular malformations (such as complex birthmarks)
- vascular anomalies and hemangiomas (blood vessel abnormalities)
- other pediatric conditions requiring plastic surgery
No matter what your child's pediatric plastic surgery needs, know that our care doesn’t end once you leave the hospital. Our goal at Nemours is to offer your child the most effective treatment with as few operations as possible. Regardless of whether your child needs one procedure or several over time, our pediatric plastic surgery team is here for your family throughout the entire process.
Hours: Hours vary; call to schedule an appointment.
For Appointments: (800) 416-4441
- photo ID
- medical and pharmacy insurance cards
- preferred pharmacy name and phone number
- names and dosage of all medications, including over-the-counter medication, your child is currently taking
- guardianship and custody papers, if a legal guardian rather than a parent accompanies your child
- Patient Registration (PDF)
- Patient Presents Without Legal Guardian (PDF)
English | Spanish
Note: A parent or legal guardian must be with a child for a first visit.
Resources for Patients & Families
Nemours duPont Pediatrics, Deptford is conveniently located on Almonesson Road near the Deptford Mall. Our state-of-the-art facility offers a full range of clinical and therapy services, in addition to an ambulatory (outpatient) surgery center and onsite imaging.
At Nemours, we recognize the importance of the family in the care and healing process. We understand that no one knows your child better than you do — and that you’re one of the most important members of your child’s care team. That’s why we make every effort to include you in the process and to create a close relationship built on mutual respect, collaboration and education.
To ensure everyone is on the same page (including your primary care provider or pediatrician) your entire medical care team has access to our award-winning electronic health record system that keeps track of every visit, every test result and every procedure at Nemours.
And you can access select parts of your child’s health record through MyNemours, our secure portal that allows you to interact with your care providers and request prescription refills online, anytime.