At Nemours, we want to limit the effects of any physical challenges and help your child reach his or her full potential. That’s why our team of experts in pediatric physical therapy works with your child to maximize his or her gross motor function (those associated with the large muscle groups and often affect mobility), independence, and fitness.
We provide pediatric physical therapy for a variety of conditions, including:
- those that are present at birth (such as cerebral palsy, spina bifida, or Down syndrome)
- those acquired through illness (such as muscular dystrophy or juvenile rheumatoid arthritis)
- those acquired through accident or injury (such as traumatic brain injuries, spinal cord injury, or loss of a body part) and even those due to prematurity or developmental delay.
We also provide pediatric physical therapy for children and teens who are recovering from sports injuries or those who require vestibular and balance testing.
Hours: Hours vary; call to schedule an appointment.
- photo ID
- medical and pharmacy insurance cards
- preferred pharmacy name and phone number
- names and dosage of all medications, including over-the-counter medication, your child is currently taking
- guardianship and custody papers, if a legal guardian rather than a parent accompanies your child
- Patient Registration (PDF)
- Patient Presents Without Legal Guardian (PDF)
English | Spanish
Note: A parent or legal guardian must be with a child for a first visit.
Resources for Patients & Families
With all-new facilities and an expanded team of skilled, certified specialists and licensed therapists, Nemours duPont Pediatrics, Deptford brings a new level of care to children throughout South Jersey.
Our pediatric physical therapists focus on helping infants, kids, and teens overcome physical limitations that can come from a variety of causes – including delayed motor skill development, a traumatic injury, a disease process or disorder or surgery.
We’ll evaluate your child’s needs, consult with other professionals and provide family education services for parents, siblings and others involved in your child’s physical therapy.
Whatever challenges your child faces, we’ll work with your family to develop a pediatric physical therapy plan that can help bring about improvements, including:
- strengthening muscles
- increasing range of motion
- improving balance and coordination
- stimulating normal development
- improving gait (how a person walks)
- recovering from an injury or surgery
Additional services, including specialized types of diagnostic testing and treatment, are available at Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children in Wilmington, Del.
Therapy Services Recognized for Commitment to Care
Nemours has the only pediatric outpatient therapy services program in New Jersey and the greater Philadelphia region accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF), demonstrating our commitment to provide the highest quality patient care.