At Nemours, we want to limit the effects of any physical challenges and help your child reach his or her full potential. That’s why our team of experts in pediatric physical therapy works with your child to maximize his or her gross motor function (those associated with the large muscle groups and often affect mobility), independence, and fitness.
We provide pediatric physical therapy for a variety of conditions, including:
- those that are present at birth (such as cerebral palsy, spina bifida, or Down syndrome)
- those acquired through illness (such as muscular dystrophy or juvenile rheumatoid arthritis)
- those acquired through accident or injury (such as traumatic brain injuries, spinal cord injury, or loss of a body part) and even those due to prematurity or developmental delay.
We also provide pediatric physical therapy for children and teens who are recovering from sports injuries or those who require vestibular and balance testing.
Hours: Monday – Thursday, 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Friday, 7 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
Please arrive 15 minutes before your appointment so we have plenty of time to register your child in our system.
- photo ID
- medical and pharmacy insurance cards
- preferred pharmacy name and phone number
- names and dosage of all medications, including over-the-counter medication, your child is currently taking
- guardianship and custody papers, if a legal guardian rather than a parent accompanies your child
- Patient Registration (PDF)
- Patient Presents Without Legal Guardian (PDF)
English | Spanish
Note: A parent or legal guardian must be with a child for a first visit.
Resources for Patients & Families
At Nemours duPont Pediatrics, Glen Mills you and your child can access the expertise of Nemours’ pediatric physical therapists. We offer skilled, certified physical therapists (as well as occupational therapists and speech/language therapists), convenient hours and Nemours’ excellent care.
Pediatric Physical Therapy at Nemours duPont Pediatrics, Glen Mills
Our Glen Mills physical therapists (called "PTs," for short) help infants, kids and teens improve physical abilities that may be affected by delayed motor skill development, traumatic injuries, diseases and recovery from surgery. We’ll work with you and your child to develop a care plan to help with:
- muscle strength
- range of motion
- balance and coordination
- stimulating normal development
- gait (how your child walks)
- recovering from an injury or surgery
We’ll also consult with other professionals as needed, and provide family education services for parents, siblings and others involved in your child’s care.
In addition to general rehabilitative physical therapy, at Nemours duPont Pediatrics, Glen Mills we also offer pediatric physical therapy services geared toward our sports medicine patients:
- comprehensive baseline concussion testing, including ImPACT® and NeuroCom®
- fitness assessments
- Next Step personalized exercise training
- performance improvement and injury prevention
- sports nutrition
We can provide the therapy, training and nutritional support needed to assist your child in recovering from an injury, help prevent future injury, and achieve maximum performance.
Additional pediatric physical therapy services, including specialized types of diagnostic testing and treatment, are available at Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children in Wilmington, Del.