Clinic Location: 5th Floor
For Appointments: (407) 650-7715
- photo ID
- medical and pharmacy insurance cards
- preferred pharmacy name and phone number
- names and dosage of all medications, including over-the-counter medication, your child is currently taking
- guardianship and custody papers, if a legal guardian rather than a parent accompanies your child
Bring these forms for your first appointment:
New Patient Forms
Returning Patient Forms
- Patient Presents Without Legal Guardian (PDF)
English | Spanish
Note: A parent or legal guardian must be with a child for a first visit.
Resources for Patients & Families
The Division of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (PM&R) at Nemours Children’s Hospital is led by two of only approximately 250 physiatrists in the country who are dual-certified in both PM&R and pediatric rehabilitation medicine.
Our pediatric physiatrists (rehabilitation physicians) and pediatric orthopedic physicians treat children with disabilities resulting from injuries and diseases. We help children experiencing functional limitations in mobility, communication, cognition (thinking and reasoning), and those who have difficulty performing everyday activities that would be appropriate for the child’s age.
For each child in our care, we take the time needed to accurately pinpoint the source of the ailment and then design a customized treatment plan that can include outpatient physical, occupational, speech-language and behavioral therapies. We also offer a multispecialty pediatric inpatient rehabilitation program — one of only four in Florida.
We believe that every child and family deserves the very best quality of life. Our care is family-centered and focused on helping your child function as independently as possible. Our goal is to help your child enjoy meaningful inclusion in all aspects of his or her culture — at home, in school and in the community.
We work with children who have a wide range of conditions, including:
- developmental delay
- cerebral palsy
- traumatic brain injury
- nontraumatic brain injury
- spinal cord injury and disorders of the spinal cord
- congenital limb deficiency and acquired amputation
- neuromuscular disorders
- rheumatic disorders
- orthopedic conditions
- de-conditioning related to illness or surgery
When you visit us in our state-of-the-art ambulatory care wing at the Nemours Children’s Hospital, a pediatric physiatrist will conduct a comprehensive evaluation of your child.
This process includes assessing your child’s:
- global developmental progress
- general physical health with emphasis on neurologic and musculoskeletal systems
- overall level of functioning
The Inpatient Pediatric Rehabilitation Program at Nemours Children’s Hospital is one of only four in Florida geared to treat kids with severe functional limitations through coordinated, integrated therapies and education and training for patient and family. Onsite access to experts in more than 30 pediatric specialties means any complications can receive prompt treatment. Our highly experienced team will coordinate and manage it all, to best help your child recover abilities and adjust to long-term changes.
Throughout your child’s stay, our team will evaluate progress and update your child’s individualized plan to meet your child’s changing needs. We’ll also guide you through the family dynamics that change due to illness or injury. It’s all reviewed with a formal process in weekly team conferences — and your family is invited and encouraged to participate.
We also focus on education and training for your child and family. Our goal is to maximize your child’s ability to perform daily tasks — such as walking, communicating, eating and dressing — and to function as independently as possible.
Your Child's Personalized Plan of Care
Using the latest evidence-based techniques, we help children of all ages — newborns up to age 18 — gain confidence and independence through improved mobility, strength and control. Your child will benefit from a personalized plan of care, as well as:
- treatment plans developed by a subspecialty-trained pediatric physicians
- the only pediatric inpatient rehabilitation program in Central Florida
- seamless, coordinated care with on-site physicians in more than 30 pediatric specialties
- the latest technologies in assistive devices, customized bracing, prosthetics and orthotics on site
- access to internationally recognized research and clinical trials for kids with neuromuscular and musculoskeletal conditions
- integration with world-class programs (brain and spinal cord injury, neuropathies, cerebral palsy, spina bifida and muscular dystrophy)
- unique treatment settings, like our outdoor discovery garden that integrates therapy with healing, nature and sensory exploration
- focus on family wellness, education and support
Whatever brings your child to Nemours Children’s Hospital, whether an illness or injury, your child — and your family — will have help at every step in the rehabilitation process. Often children have complex medical issues requiring the attention of specialists and therapists in a variety of medical disciplines.
Our Rehabilitation and Therapeutic Services care team includes pediatric experts in:
- physical therapy
- occupational therapy
- speech and language pathology
- assistive technology
- psychology and psychiatry
- behavioral health
If your child needs to see multiple specialists, our central scheduling professionals will make every effort to arrange your child’s visits at convenient times, so you’ll be able to have multiple appointments at Nemours Children’s Hospital on the same day.
In addition to reducing stress and travel time for patients and families, this capability improves communication among the various professionals involved in your child’s care and promotes a comprehensive approach to healing.
A Hospital Designed by Families, for Families
At Nemours Children’s Hospital, family-centered care is at the heart of everything we do. In fact, families helped shape the unique amenities and convenient services that make our hospital like no other in the region.
You’ll feel right at home in our patient's rooms designed with input from families who know what it’s like to have a child in the hospital.
Our large, comfortable, single-patient rooms have sleeping accommodations for two parents, a private bathroom, wireless internet access, connections for DVD players and game systems, and two flat-screen TVs.
Other in-room features include:
- full floor-to-ceiling windows for natural light
- refrigerator for family meals and snacks
- wardrobe storage for personal items and a hotel-style safe
- GetWellNetwork interactive television (uniquely based on your child’s age, medical condition and more) and allows your child to watch TV, surf the Web, check e-mail, play music and games, and learn about your Nemours health care team.
Our “hospital within a garden” setting features many places for you and your family to go for fresh air and relaxation, including a one-acre interactive sensory discovery garden or one of our rooftop gardens on the second and fourth floors.
We have many more comforts and amenities such as:
- complimentary valet and parking
- kid-friendly commons areas for siblings
- café and coffee shop
- nondenominational chapel
If your child needs medical imaging, we offer some of the area’s most advanced pediatric radiology services here on campus at Nemours
Our unique services include:
- interventional radiology: Our team of experts uses image guidance to diagnose and treat diseases and tumors throughout the body. Certain conditions that previously required open surgery can now be treated by Nemours pediatric interventional radiologists. We are very fortunate to have the only dual-trained pediatric diagnostic and interventional radiologist in the state.
- neuroradiological or cardiovascular imaging, and fetal MRI (magnetic resonance imaging): Our subspecialty-trained pediatric radiologists see children with complex conditions who require this highly specialized imaging.
- Central Florida’s only 256-slice Brilliance iCT Scanner: We are one of only a handful of children’s hospitals in the country to have this latest generation CAT (or CT) scanner that scans faster than most machines and produces excellent images in a much shorter time with much less radiation exposure for the child.
Our team of board-certified pediatric radiologists and pediatric radiologic technologists are experts in the safe medical imaging of children of every age, even newborns.
We have also pledged our commitment to the “Image Gently” campaign of the Alliance for Radiation Safety in Pediatric Imaging, which is increasing awareness of the opportunities to promote radiation protection in the imaging of children.
At Nemours, we want to hear your concerns and share with you everything we can about your child's condition and treatment. If English is not your first language, we'll make sure you understand what to expect — in your language.