Our pulmonary specialists (lung and respiratory care doctors known as pulmonologists) treat infants, children and teens with diseases of the lungs and airways in family-friendly outpatient and inpatient environments. And because these diseases can affect other parts of the body, we work closely with specialists across Nemours. Together, our teams are dedicated to giving each child comprehensive and convenient care.
Our pulmonary specialists evaluate and care for children with conditions such as:
- airway obstruction
- apnea (brief pauses in breathing, usually during sleep)
- asthma (a lung condition that causes difficulty breathing)
- bronchopulmonary dysplasia (inflammation and scarring in the lungs that develops in premature babies after being on a ventilator for a prolonged period of time)
- cystic fibrosis (a chronic genetic disorder that leads to excess mucus in the lungs along with other findings)
- chronic cough
- muscular dystrophy
- recurrent pneumonia (lung infection)
- sleep-related breathing problems
- ventilator dependence
- tracheostomy (a surgical procedure that creates an opening in the windpipe when breathing is obstructed)
- tuberculosis (a specific type of bacterial infection of the lungs)
- RSV (respiratory syncytial virus), a virus that is particularly dangerous to premature babies
Hours: Hours vary; call to schedule an appointment.
For Appointments: (800) 416-4441
- photo ID
- medical and pharmacy insurance cards
- preferred pharmacy name and phone number
- names and dosage of all medications, including over-the-counter medication, your child is currently taking
- guardianship and custody papers, if a legal guardian rather than a parent accompanies your child
- Patient Registration (PDF)
- Patient Presents Without Legal Guardian (PDF)
English | Spanish
Note: A parent or legal guardian must be with a child for a first visit.
Resources for Patients & Families
Nemours duPont Pediatrics, Deptford is conveniently located on Almonesson Road near the Deptford Mall. Our state-of-the-art facility offers a full range of clinical and therapy services, in addition to an ambulatory (outpatient) surgery center and onsite imaging.
At Nemours, we recognize the importance of the family in the care and healing process. We understand that no one knows your child better than you do — and that you’re one of the most important members of your child’s care team. That’s why we make every effort to include you in the process and to create a close relationship built on mutual respect, collaboration and education.
To ensure everyone is on the same page (including your primary care provider or pediatrician) your entire medical care team has access to our award-winning electronic health record system that keeps track of every visit, every test result and every procedure at Nemours.
And you can access select parts of your child’s health record through MyNemours, our secure portal that allows you to interact with your care providers and request prescription refills online, anytime.