Lymphoma is the name for cancers that begin in the part of our immune system (the lymphatic) that moves white blood cells to areas of the body to fight disease and infection. Pediatric lymphomas are the third most common childhood cancer and there are two main types: Hodgkin and non-Hodgkin. Our Nemours Center for Cancer and Blood Disorders offers families internationally recognized pediatric oncology (cancer) and hematology (blood disorder) care that includes top-notch support services during your child’s treatment.
Renowned Care for Kids With Lymphoma
Services We Offer for Pediatric Lymphoma
We offer a variety of diagnostic and treatment services, which may vary depending on your location, including:
- blood and bone marrow transplants (also called “stem cell transplants”) from a donor or using your child’s own cells
- bone marrow aspiration and biopsy for diagnosis, transplant donor matching and tests
- chemotherapy prepared by pediatric specialists and pharmacists
- genetic testing to help with diagnosis, treatment and planning since some lymphomas are more common in brothers and sisters
- lymph node biopsy to diagnose or stage pediatric lymphomas
- medical imaging like an X-ray, CT scan, MRI, PET scan, bone scan, ultrasound
- immunotherapy boosts your child’s immune system to destroy cancer
- nutrition plans by registered dietitians specially trained to help kids during treatment
- palliative care helps with symptoms and offers support for your child and family
- pain management to ease symptoms during and after treatment
- proton therapy is an advanced form of radiation therapy used for Hodgkin lymphoma (especially in the chest)
- radiation therapy to target tumors
- targeted drug therapy delivers cancer medicines only where needed
Why Choose Us for Lymphoma Treatment
At Nemours Center for Cancer and Blood Disorders (“NCCBD”), our renowned oncologists (cancer doctors), hematologists (blood disorder specialists), and researchers work together to improve treatment for all types of pediatric lymphoma, including Hodgkin lymphoma, non-Hodgkin lymphoma (NHL), myeloid sarcoma and each of the many lymphoma subtypes like primary cutaneous lymphomas. We also offer:
- collaborations with our affiliates so your child has the most advanced treatment options now, while preserving long-term health and function
- monitoring and follow-up cancer care including late-effects, other specialty care and teen survivor programs
Regional Pediatric Lymphoma Highlights
Our services, programs, facilities and care teams differ at each location. Call for details.
We offer complete lymphoma care at Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children (Wilmington, Del.), named one of the best children’s hospitals in the country for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. Outpatient and follow-up appointments are available at select Nemours duPont Pediatrics locations.
We also collaborate with the National Cancer Institute (NCI)-designated Helen F. Graham Cancer Center at Christiana Care (in Newark, Del.) and the Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center at Thomas Jefferson University (in Philadelphia).
Our Palliative and Supportive Care Program located at duPont Hospital for Children (Wilmington, Del.) provides compassionate care for families and children coping with life-threatening or life-limiting conditions.
We offer complete lymphoma care at Nemours Children’s Hospital (Orlando). Outpatient and follow-up appointments are available at select Nemours Children’s Specialty Care locations.
The Infusion Center located at Nemours Children’s Hospital in Orlando offers private rooms for kids who need chemotherapy.
We offer complete lymphoma care at Nemours Children’s Specialty Care, Jacksonville. Outpatient and follow-up appointments are available at select Nemours Children’s Specialty Care locations.
Nemours specialists provide the cancer care at our affiliate, Wolfson Children’s Hospital, named one of the best children’s hospitals in the country for cancer by U.S. News & World Report.
We offer proton therapy for Hodgkin lymphoma through our integrated pediatric program with UF Health/Shands , the nation’s largest proton therapy provider and a State of Florida Cancer Center of Excellence .