Our pediatric Palliative and Supportive Care Program at Nemours Children’s Hospital, Delaware (Wilmington, Del.) was created upon the request of a family who had lost their child. Now our team is honored to provide compassionate care geared toward helping the whole body, mind and spirit of families and children coping with life-threatening or life-limiting conditions.
We created our program to help enhance children’s quality of life through:
- a collaborative, team approach to care. We build a team around your child’s specific needs. And because we know your child’s doctors well, we’re able to help you and your child make decisions and express your wishes.
- services for the whole family. Our dedicated social worker helps families (including siblings) cope with chronic illness, find community resources, and manage home care if necessary.
- nurturing support and guidance. Our team is here for you every step of the way, helping your family throughout your journey.
- special doctor fellowship program to train the next generation of doctors in providing palliative care
- participation in research to study ways of improving care for grieving parents and siblings
- providing education throughout the Delaware Valley to increase awareness and support of pediatric palliative care