At Nemours, we promise to do whatever it takes to treat children as we would our own. When your child comes to Nemours, we know you’re placing your trust in us. This trust and our dedication to improving the health of your child is what inspires us to provide exceptional care and the most satisfying experience possible.
Stories: Patients and families share their experiences.
- AJ: Scoliosis
- Anna: Adolescent Idiopathic Scoliosis & Thoracic Lordosis
- Gavin: Kyphoscoliosis
- James: Scoliosis
- Kelly: Adolescent Idiopathic Scoliosis
- Samantha: Scoliosis
- Sammy: Congenital Scoliosis
- Tara: Adolescent Idiopathic Scoliosis
Patient Satisfaction: See what families say about our care.
- Fox Pediatric Spinal Deformity Study
- Minimize Implants Maximize Outcomes Clinical Trial
- Outcomes of Multilevel Posterior Spinal Fusion In AIS
- Scoliosis Outcomes Database Registry
- Prospective Study of Scoliosis in Children with Cerebral Palsy
- The Chest Wall and Spine Deformity Registry
- Treatment of Progressive Early-Onset Spinal Deformities
Minimize Implants Maximize Outcomes Clinical Trial
Offered by: Nemours
Location: Delaware Valley
What is the trial about?
The purpose of the study is to find out whether using fewer implants (screws and hooks) for surgery to correct a child’s scoliosis is as effective and safe as using more implants.
Who can participate?
Children between the ages of 10 and 17 years with the most common type of adolescent idiopathic scoliosis and who are having surgery can be in the study. To determine if the patient is able to participate, the surgeon needs to examine the X-rays that are taken clinically at the preoperative visit.
What is involved?
Fifteen study sites are participating in this study, including Nemours and the University of Minnesota is the sponsor of the study. Twelve patients will be recruited from Nemours. The study is for 2 years. If the patient is chosen for the study, he or she will be randomly assigned to receive fewer or more implants for the study. The study visits are the following: preoperative, 3, 12 and 24 months after surgery. Each visit will include the following:
- clinical examination
- clinical X-rays using EOS low-dose imaging system
- financial data
Contact Nemours Clinical Trials
Trial Name: Minimize Implants Maximize Outcomes Clinical Trial