At Nemours, we promise to do whatever it takes to treat children as we would our own. When your child comes to Nemours, we know you’re placing your trust in us. This trust and our dedication to improving the health of your child is what inspires us to provide exceptional care and the most satisfying experience possible.
Stories: Patients and families share their experiences.
- AJ: Scoliosis
- Anna: Adolescent Idiopathic Scoliosis & Thoracic Lordosis
- Gavin: Kyphoscoliosis
- James: Scoliosis
- Kelly: Adolescent Idiopathic Scoliosis
- Samantha: Scoliosis
- Sammy: Congenital Scoliosis
- Tara: Adolescent Idiopathic Scoliosis
Patient Satisfaction: See what families say about our care.
- Fox Pediatric Spinal Deformity Study
- Minimize Implants Maximize Outcomes Clinical Trial
- Outcomes of Multilevel Posterior Spinal Fusion In AIS
- Scoliosis Outcomes Database Registry
- Prospective Study of Scoliosis in Children with Cerebral Palsy
- The Chest Wall and Spine Deformity Registry
- Treatment of Progressive Early-Onset Spinal Deformities
Treatment of Progressive Early-Onset Spinal Deformities
Offered by: Nemours
Location: Delaware Valley
What is the trial about?
The purpose of this study is to develop an understanding of operative and non-operative treatment to allow spinal growth in patients with early onset scoliosis.
Who can participate?
- Children under 18 and with any diagnosis, who undergo a growth-friendly surgical procedure, including but not limited to growing rods, VEPTR (Vertical Expandable Prosthetic Titanium Rib), Shilla, hybrid constructs, spinal tethering and staples.
- Children under 18 and with any diagnosis, who undergo casting.
- Children 10 and younger with any diagnosis, who undergo spinal fusion of the thoracic and/or lumbar spine.
- Children <6 with any diagnosis and with scoliosis curves of the thoracic and/or lumbar spine measuring >25 degrees.
What is involved?
The study includes several visits: preoperative, first erect visit and annually after surgery. The following procedures are routine during the visit with the physician:
- Clinical examination
- Pulmonary function test (possible)
- CT scan (possible)
- Clinical photos
Contact Nemours Clinical Trials
Trial Name: The Treatment of Progressive Early-Onset Spinal Deformities: A Multicenter Outcome Study