Setting Higher Standards in Children's Health Care
Every parent wants the best for their child. At Nemours Children’s Health System, our care teams work hard to provide excellent care for kids, and although we don’t do it for the recognition, people are noticing. Keeping our promise to do whatever is within our power to give kids the best chance of growing up healthy has earned Nemours a place among the most respected pediatric health care systems in the nation. Here’s just a sampling of our accomplishments:
Pediatric Patient Care
- Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children is ranked by U.S. News & World Report as one of the best children's hospitals in the nation in cancer, cardiology/heart surgery, gastroenterology, neonatology, nephrology, orthopedics, pulmonology and urology.
- 142 Nemours physicians are ranked among the Best Doctors in America® for 2014-2015 by Best Doctors®, Inc.
- Our family-centered care ranks in the top 20 percent in key patient satisfaction areas.
- Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children's nursing program was granted Magnet status in 2012 by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) Magnet Recognition Program® as a result of our professional nursing excellence.
- Nemours Children’s Hospital in Orlando earned The Lantern Award from the Emergency Nurses Association in 2015 for commitment to quality and innovation in emergency care.
- Nemours Children’s Hospital’s Boo-Boo Care Team program was awarded the Florida Hospital Association’s 2015 Innovation of the Year in Patient Care (PDF).
- Nemours Children’s Hospital received Press Ganey’s 2015 Guardians of Excellence Award, performing in the 95th percentile or above for patient experience from families who had an overnight stay in our hospital.
- Nemours Center for Cancer and Blood Disorders is one of only two designated pediatric National Cancer Institute Community Oncology Research Programs (NCORP) in the country, recognized by the National Cancer Institute as a fully integrated pediatric cancer network with excellence in clinical research, clinical care and quality improvement.
Quality & Safety
- Nemours Children’s Hospital in Orlando earned the distinction of being named one of only nine “Top Children’s Hospitals” in the country in 2014 by the Leapfrog Group in recognition of our exceptional quality and patient safety.
- Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children had the elite distinction of being named one of only 12 "Top Children's Hospitals" by the Leapfrog Group in 2012.
- Our excellent quality and safety outcomes, from hospital readmissions for asthma to patient survival rates, help make Nemours an industry leader.
Health Information & Technology
- Our advanced electronic health record (EHR) technology works seamlessly across multiple locations.
- We're named among the Most Wired hospitals and health systems in the annual Hospitals & Health Networks magazine.
- We received the HIMSS Davies Organizational Award of Excellence in 2010 from the Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS) for our effective use of health information technology to improve the safety and quality of patient care.
- Nemours Center for Children's Health Media is the creator of KidsHealth.org — the No. 1 most-visited website devoted to children's health in the world.
Nemours Children's Hospital is nationally recognized by:
Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children is nationally recognized by: