Setting Higher Standards in Children's Health Care
Every parent wants the best for their child. We work hard to provide excellent care for kids — and people are noticing. Keeping our promise to do whatever it takes has earned Nemours a place among the most respected pediatric health care systems in the nation.
Pediatric Patient Care
- Named one of the best children’s hospitals in the nation by U.S. News & World Report, Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children is ranked in all 10 surveyed specialties including: cancer, cardiology and heart surgery, diabetes and endocrinology, gastroenterology, neonatology, nephrology, neurology and neurosurgery, orthopedics, pulmonology, and urology.
- 164 Nemours physicians are ranked among the Best Doctors in America® for 2014-2015 by Best Doctors®, Inc.
- Our family-centered care ranks in the top 20 percent in key patient satisfaction areas.
- Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children's nursing program was granted Magnet status in 2012 by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) Magnet Recognition Program® as a result of our professional nursing excellence.
Quality & Safety
- Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children had the elite distinction of being named one of only 12 "Top Children's Hospitals" in the country in 2012 by the Leapfrog Group, in recognition of our exceptional quality and patient safety.
- Nemours Children’s Hospital in Orlando earned the distinction of being named one of only nine “Top Children’s Hospitals” in 2014 by the Leapfrog Group.
- Our excellent quality and safety outcomes, from hospital readmissions for asthma to patient survival rates, help make Nemours an industry leader.
Health Information & Technology
- Our advanced electronic health record (EHR) technology works seamlessly across multiple locations.
- We're named among the Most Wired hospitals and health systems in the Hospitals & Health Networks magazine, 2013.
- We received the HIMSS Davies Organizational Award of Excellence from the Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS) for our effective use of health information technology to improve the safety and quality of patient care.
- Nemours Center for Children's Health Media is the creator of KidsHealth.org — the No. 1 most-visited website devoted to children's health in the world.
- Our Delaware locations were named among America’s 150 Top Workplaces by WorkplaceDynamics, LLP, through a national survey of Nemours Associates.
Nemours Children's Hospital is nationally recognized by:
Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children is nationally recognized by: