Dr. Peter Gabos shows Samantha a model of her spine three months after spinal fusion surgery to correct her severe curvature.
We’re here to help children and teens with spinal deformities reach for their dreams — whether that means gliding across a stage, scoring the winning goal, or just feeling more mobile and comfortable in whatever they decide to do.
As world-renowned experts in pediatric orthopedics, we want kids to be the very best they can be, to reach their full potential — with the least amount of pain, discomfort, and disruption to their lives as possible.
We are part of one of the top pediatric orthopedic practices in the world:
- One of the “Best Children’s Hospitals” for pediatric orthopedics (according to U.S. News & World Report)
- Experts in spinal surgery (including deformity correction and minimally invasive), as well as non-operative treatments
- Leading spinal deformity educators and researchers
What We Do
We care for children of all ages with spinal deformities:
- Scoliosis (which includes adolescent idiopathic, congenital, early onset, neuromuscular, as well as syndromic)
- Kyphosis (which includes congenital and Scheuermann's)
- Skeletal dysplasia
Why Choose Us
Our exceptional spinal deformity care for kids:
- Advanced surgical techniques
- Excellent outcomes
- Ultra-low-dose, 3D digital radiography technology (Nobel Prize-winning technology)
- Groundbreaking saliva-based genetic testing for scoliosis
- Wilmington brace (invented here)
- State-of-the-art operating rooms