Nemours' TeensHealth.org and “The Whistle” present fitness and nutrition segments taped at the Nemours Center for Sports Medicine.
Our 7,200-square-foot Center for Sports Medicine features:
- more than 2,000 square feet of open space for sport-specific skills and group clinics
- two 30-yard indoor track lanes available for speed work and agility skills
- two private evaluation and treatment rooms
- large family waiting area with flat-panel TV and sibling play space
- aquatic therapy center — Full 25-meter-long pool with zero entry walk-in and up to 10-foot depth allows for limited weightbearing activity after injury or surgery
- brand new Dynaforce® resilient indoor flooring system installed throughout the treatment area. This seamless poured flooring system has excellent shock absorption ability for safety and performance
Our new top-of-the-line, handicapped-accessible equipment includes:
- Multiple cardiovascular training options—treadmills, elliptical trainers, recumbent bicycle, Concept II rowing ergometer, upper body ergometer.
- Expresso® interactive stationary bicycles, with video screens for interactive play while riding through more than 30 virtual courses. Graphics and engaging game play help to make workouts fly by.
- Treadwall® indoor climbing unit, with a rotating rock wall climbing system for core strength, endurance, and stability training.
- Trazer 2® sport simulation reaction trainer, with 46-inch high-definition screen. This high-intensity virtual reality exercise system is designed to challenge coordination, balance, body movement, and speed, with immediate feedback.
- Gamespeed Performance Pad System® computerized training system with real-time feedback and performance analysis to measure and develop speed, agility, balance, reaction time, vertical jump, and power.
- TRX® suspension training system. Designed to challenge the strength and stability of any athlete, TRX combines variable-resistance body weight training, elements of instability, and multiple planes of movement.
- Vertimax® Training system increases the explosive power of all major muscle groups in the legs to improve the vertical jump and acceleration/deceleration capabilities.
- Shuttle MVP® strengthening unit provides intense lower extremity training and conditioning, with reduced joint stress for low-impact plyometrics and strength training.
- Dumbbells and Smith squat rack with Olympic weight system.
- Motion analysis system, with force plate for running and throwing assessment.