Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children
The expansion of the Nemours /Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children is now open. Patients and families, along with caregivers, played a critical role in helping to design the beautiful, innovative new space. The goal was to create an environment to promote physical, emotional and spiritual healing of children.
Thanks to the generosity of people like you, Nemours can offer the promise of a healthier future for children.
Highlights of Our Newly Expanded Hospital:
- a much larger Emergency Department, featuring a Fast Track unit where children with minor injuries and illnesses can be seen quickly and return home
- two fully equipped trauma rooms for life-threatening injuries and quick access to ambulances, helicopters, medical imaging, operating rooms and intensive care units to provide seamless expert care — adding to the care we already provide as Delaware’s only Level 1 Pediatric Trauma Center
- 144 single-patient rooms with private bathrooms and sleeping accommodations, so that families can stay close by and be a part of the healing process
- playrooms, pocket parks, solariums and family lounges to provide places for parents and kids to be together outside the intensity of the hospital room
- beautifully landscaped green spaces surrounding the hospital, including a Healing Garden for quiet reflection and enjoyment of the natural environment