Specialty Care Services
For Appointments: (407) 650-7715
Hours: Monday–Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
After-Hours Urgent Care Services
For Information: (321) 421-7588
Monday–Friday: 5–11 p.m.
Weekends & Holidays: 1–11 p.m.
Health Care Just for Kids
Nemours Children’s Specialty & After-Hours Urgent Care, Melbourne is conveniently located on Wickham Road in the Melbourne Village Plaza, so your child can get pediatric specialty care appointments and after-hours urgent care from Nemours experts — closer to home.
Our board-certified pediatric specialists offer care specifically designed for children and teens. After hours, our Melbourne location also offers urgent care services, which provide immediate, advanced pediatric care to kids and young adults — from newborns to 21 years of age — that’s available evenings, weekends and holidays.
Nemours: A Network of Expert Pediatric Specialty Care
Our pediatric teams work together with your child’s pediatrician or family care provider to achieve the very best outcome for your child.
We’re part of the Nemours multispecialty group practice that provides pediatric care for children and adolescents with chronic or complex medical conditions in Florida, Delaware, New Jersey and Pennsylvania. At Nemours, we take a whole-child approach to children’s health care, treating your child — not just the condition — and advancing life-changing research, prevention and education for the children and families we serve, even those who may never walk in our doors.
Learn more about our locations and services in Central Florida:
Where to Go for Routine Primary Care
Nemours Children’s Specialty & After-Hours Urgent Care, Melbourne does not offer routine primary care services such as well-child visits, immunizations, flu shots and school or sports physicals. However, we can connect you with a Nemours Children’s Primary Care location for routine care, if needed.
Specialty Care Services for Your Family
One of our most important partnerships is with you because we believe in family-centered care. We value your input and welcome your questions so that, together, we can help your child grow up healthy.
Highlights of Our Specialty Care
- Streamlined check-in and check-out process, ensuring smooth visits.
- Pediatric specialists selected as some of the “Best Doctors in America®,” year after year.
- State-of-the-art equipment, EKG, echocardiography, nasopharyngo-laryngoscopes, pulse oximetry and uroflowmetry.
- Weight management consultation programs for kids ages 3–16.
- Award-winning electronic health records that help us provide safe, high-quality care.
- Support programs for you, your child and your whole family.
- A commitment to family-centered care.
Medical Services We Provide
Specialists from Nemours Children’s Specialty Care locations and Nemours Children’s Hospital in Orlando’s Lake Nona area come to Melbourne to provide convenient follow-up and ongoing specialty care.
Additional Medical Services:
- Oncology (Cancer Care)
Making an Appointment
As a parent or guardian, you can make a specialty care appointment for your child by calling the appointment line at (407) 650-7715.
While we do see patients who are referred to us by primary care physicians, pediatricians and referring specialists, we may be able to see your child without a referral based on your health insurance plan.
You can make an appointment with us in a few different ways:
- Call us directly.
- Ask your physician to call us.
- Have your physician send us an electronic referral (eReferral) and we’ll call you.
Are you a new patient? Your child’s first appointment may be at the Nemours Children's Specialty Care location in downtown Orlando.
When you call to make your appointment, we’ll preregister your child, collecting information such as:
- your child’s name and address
- date of birth
- parent phone numbers (home and cell)
- primary care physician/referring physician contact information (if needed)
- pharmacy preference and phone number
- insurance information (including Medicaid or other assistance programs)
Please arrive 15 minutes before your appointment so we have plenty of time to register your child in our system.
- photo ID
- medical and pharmacy insurance cards
- preferred pharmacy name and phone number
- names and dosage of all medications, including over-the-counter medication, your child is currently taking
- guardianship and custody papers, if a legal guardian rather than a parent accompanies your child
After-Hours Urgent Care Services for Your Family
Nemours Children’s Specialty & After-Hours Urgent Care, Melbourne is unique because we offer expert specialty pediatric care during normal business hours and pediatric urgent care on evenings, weekends and holidays. Urgent care is available for all children, not just Nemours patients.
Our after-hours physicians are board-certified in pediatrics, with specialized experience in emergency medicine and urgent care. They provide urgent care services only after our specialty care office closes, which means we can see your child without an appointment from 5-11 p.m. on weekdays, and from 1-11 p.m. on weekends and holidays.
Please understand urgent care does not replace your child’s pediatrician. Our commitment is to support your primary care physician by providing urgent medical services outside regular office hours.
Our services include:
- urgent care designed just for kids and young adults, from newborns to 21 years of age
- on-site X-rays
- a fully accredited on-site laboratory
- an award-winning electronic health record (integrated with our Nemours Children’s Specialty and Primary Care locations and Nemours Children’s Hospital)
- hospital admission assistance
- consultations with our world-class pediatric specialists when needed
- same-day reports to your child’s primary care physician
Our comprehensive pediatric urgent care includes treatment for:
- colds, flu, fevers, sore throats
- ear, nose and throat infections
- minor broken bones, burns, lacerations
- sports injuries
- asthma flare-ups
- foreign body removal
- insect bites and pain relief
Nemours Children’s Urgent Care works with most insurance providers. At the time of your visit, you will be expected to pay any co-pays and deductibles outlined by your insurance plan, as well as services not covered by your insurance. We also see patients on a self-pay basis.
For your convenience, we accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, personal checks and cash.
If you have billing questions, please call (321) 421-7588.