Offered by: Nemours
Location: Delaware Valley
What is the trial about?
The purpose of this study is to develop a Database Registry to compare patients who do not undergo surgery with patients who chose surgery for adolescent idiopathic scoliosis.
Who can participate?
- Patients aged >10 yrs and <21 yrs
- Males or females
- Diagnosis of idiopathic scoliosis for which surgery is recommended to prevent progression of the curvature or to correct deformity
- A child can participate in this study whether or not he or she has had surgery
What is involved?
- 50 patients per year will be enrolled in this multicenter study. The study visits are preoperative, first erect visit, 6 months, 1 year, 2 years and 5 years postoperative.
- The following procedures are routine during the visit with the physician:
- clinical examination
- pulmonary function test
- clinical photos
Contact Nemours Clinical Trials
Trial Name: Scoliosis Outcomes Database Registry