A Leading Cerebral Palsy Center Recognized Around the World
Setting the Standard for Pediatric Cerebral Palsy Care
If you’re looking for a program offering some of the world’s best cerebral palsy care, you’ve found it. At the Cerebral Palsy Center at Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children in Wilmington, Del., we bring together renowned cerebral palsy experts from orthopedics, neurology, rehabilitation and more to help children like yours reach their maximum potential and enjoy the best quality of life possible.
Our center is one of a very few in the Mid-Atlantic region dedicated solely to caring for children with cerebral palsy, and treats more than 3,000 children each year. Our model of care for children with cerebral palsy (also called “CP”) and CP-like conditions is not only proven to be effective, it’s copied by hospitals across the globe.
Unmatched Expertise and Care
Why Choose Nemours Cerebral Palsy Center »
- International Prominence. Our physicians are known — and our patients come from — all over the world.
- A Wealth of Experience. Our Cerebral Palsy Center experts are renowned for their expertise with all forms of CP.
- Care Informed by Research. For more than 20 years, we've led the way in researching when to treat a child with CP conservatively and when to recommend surgical treatment.
- Individualized Treatment Plans. We customize children’s treatment for their very specific individual needs.
- Coordinated Care. With one call, a trained Cerebral Palsy Center nurse will coordinate your child’s care and appointments so you can see all the multi-disciplinary specialists you need in the same day.
- Immediate Mobilization. We help kids achieve function as quickly as possible after surgery or casting.
- Improved Precision. We’re one of the few pediatric facilities anywhere to offer a computer-assisted Gait Analysis Laboratory for more precise gait information, which enhances our surgical, orthotic, physical and occupational therapy care.
- Enhanced Information Technology. We’re using tablet technology to more rapidly and completely inform our physicians and families like yours about your child’s status. This is in addition to NemoursLink, our award-winning electronic health record (EHR) system.
- Excellent Outcomes. Our Cerebral Palsy Center has excellent outcomes in CP treatment — especially in lasting gait improvement and satisfaction rate with caregivers.
- Award-Winning Care. We’re ranked among the top five children’s hospitals in the country for orthopedics by U.S. News and World Report and our pediatric orthopedists have been selected as some of the Best Doctors in America®, year after year.