Pediatric plastic surgery is technically any operation that improves a child’s physical appearance, but what we do at Nemours is different. We’re focused on pediatric plastic surgery that betters the movement and function of parts affected by injury, disease, genetic syndromes, birth defects, or abnormal development and improves a child’s outside appearance and helps kids feel better about themselves on the inside.
Common Conditions or Injuries for Pediatric Plastic Surgery
- craniofacial impairments: defects or deformities of the head, skull, or face (like cleft lip and palate) that are genetic or congenital (meaning present since birth)
- wounds and facial injuries
- skin lesions
- head or neck tumors
- vascular malformations (such as complex birthmarks)
- vascular anomalies and hemangiomas (blood vessel abnormalities)
- other pediatric conditions requiring plastic surgery
No matter what your child's pediatric plastic surgery needs, know that our care doesn’t end once you leave the hospital. Our goal at Nemours is to offer your child the most effective treatment with as few operations as possible. Regardless of whether your child needs one procedure or several over time, our pediatric plastic surgery team is here for your family throughout the entire process.
For Appointments: (302) 651-4200
For Information: (610) 557-4800
Fax: (610) 557-4816
- photo ID
- medical and pharmacy insurance cards
- preferred pharmacy name and phone number
- names and dosage of all medications, including over-the-counter medication, your child is currently taking
- guardianship and custody papers, if a legal guardian rather than a parent accompanies your child
- Patient Registration (PDF)
- Patient Presents Without Legal Guardian (PDF)
English | Spanish
Note: A parent or legal guardian must be with a child for a first visit.
Resources for Patients & Families
Nemours Pediatric Plastic Surgery at the Main Line Health Center
The renowned pediatric plastic surgeons from the Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children are here for you in Newtown Square.
Located at Main Line Health Center, Nemours duPont Pediatrics, Newtown Square offers advanced treatment in 16 specialties, including pediatric plastic surgery, in our state-of-the-art facilities.
As with any procedure at Nemours, our goal is to offer your child the most effective treatment with the minimum number of operations possible. Whether your child needs one operation or several over time, our care doesn’t end once your child leaves the hospital. Our pediatric plastic surgery team is here to serve as a resource for your family throughout the entire process.