Offered by: Nemours Children's
Location: Delaware Valley
Integrated Health Care and Community Care to Support Healthy Families
What is the trial about?
The purpose of this research is to see if having visits with lifestyle specialists and a community health worker, using community programs, and using a mobile app can help children achieve a healthy weight.
Who can participate?
Your family can be in the study if:
- You are the legal guardian of a child between the ages of 4 and 12 years old
- You can speak and read English or Spanish
- You have access to the internet with a mobile or tablet device
- Your child is Black, Latino/a or White
- Your child receives their medical care at a Nemours primary care practice in Milford, Millsboro or Seaford
- Your child has a high Body Mass Index (BMI) for their age.
What is involved?
You will be assigned by chance to one of two groups. If you are assigned to the Standard Care group you will go to your child’s primary care clinic every other month to talk to a health care provider about healthy lifestyles. If you are assigned to the Healthy Lifestyle group, you will use a mobile app to access tools to help your child make healthy lifestyle changes. You will also have visits with lifestyle specialists or a community health worker every other week and learn about community programs that might be helpful for your family. No matter what group you are assigned to, your child’s height and weight will be measured at each visit.