Policy & Advocacy
The Nemours National Office of Policy and Prevention (National Office) works to nurture a nation of healthy children by supporting innovative prevention strategies and pediatric health system transformation within our health system and nationally. Nemours’ innovation and expertise serve as our foundation.
As part of the Nemours National Office, the Office of Child Health Policy & Advocacy provides thought leadership and advocacy for federal policies that support children’s health, well-being and development. Our team works to catalyze and promote sustainable federal policy changes in the areas of:
- Pediatric Health System Transformation
- Social Determinants of Health
- Strategic Business Interests
Policy & Advocacy Resources
- Pediatric Value-Based Care and Social Drivers: Emerging Examples (PDF)
- Executive Summary – Pediatric Value-Based Care and Social Drivers (PDF)
- Pediatric Value-Based Care and Social Drivers: Recommendations (PDF)
- Spurring Innovation: The Role of Child Health Policy (PDF)
- Roadmap for Action: Advancing the Adoption of Telehealth in Child Care Centers and Schools to Promote Children’s Health and Well-Being (PDF)
- Defining an Accountable Community for Health for Children and Families (PDF)
- Case Study — Nationwide Children’s Hospital: An Accountable Care Organization Going Upstream to Address Population Health (PDF)
- Accountable Communities for Health for Children and Families: Approaches for Catalyzing and Accelerating Success (PDF)
- Data Sharing Across Child-Serving Sectors: Key Lessons and Resources(PDF)
- Caring for Kids in the COVID-19 Era
- Giving Infants a Stronger Start
- COVID-19 and Telehealth Revolution Policy Bariers — Standing in the Way of Transforming Care
- Seeking State’s Help for Florida’s Sickest Children
- Supporting Patient-Centered Research
- Nemours Children’s CEO Calls for CMS to Push Smarter Strategies for Children’s Health
- Spurring Innovation: The Role of Child Health Policy
- Realizing the Promise of Telehealth for Children
- Precision Medicine Saves Lives: One Family’s Story
- What’s the Big Deal About Precision Medicine
- Supporting Parents to Help Children Thrive
Nemours encouraged the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) to create a more consistent compliance landscape and to provide further guidance on the interdependencies across state and federal privacy regulations.
Nemours responded to the Administration’s proposal that could impact Medicaid coverage and nutrition benefits for children. Nemours’ comments focused on the potential impact on the health, development, and well-being of children and families.
Nemours encouraged the Administration to recognize the unique health care needs of the pediatric population and to consider access to pediatric care as essential to children’s health as the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) finalizes its MCO rule.
Nemours encouraged CMMI to focus on pediatric test models.
- Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) Medicare Hospital Inpatient Prospective Payment System (IPPS) Request for Information Comment Letter (PDF)
Nemours responded with recommendations for CMS to consider areas of payment system redesign and health information exchange as CMS revises its Medicare payment policies.
- Key Recommendations to the Senate Health, Education, Labor and Pensions (HELP) Committee for the Next Pandemic (PDF)
- Recommendations to the Congressional Telehealth Caucus to Expand Telehealth and Remote Patient Monitoring Services (PDF)
- Removing Barriers to Care for Children with Medical Complexity via the ACE Kids Act (PDF)
- Addressing Potential Changes to the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) in the Farm Bill (PDF)
- Advocating for Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome (NAS) and Pediatric Telehealth Provisions in the SUPPORT for Patients and Communities Act (PDF)
- Key Recommendations to the Senate Finance Committee for Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome (NAS) (PDF)