Critical Care Transport
Preparing a Patient for Transport
- Prepare Patient
- During Transport
How to Prepare a Patient
We will need the following:
- Your name, facility, phone number
- Patient’s name, date of birth, weight
- Referring physician
- Brief report
Please have the following ready for the transport team:
- Copies of X-rays, MRI, CT and charts
- Signed COBRA form
- Extra copy of the face sheet for the transport unit
Only a parent/guardian may sign consents. Please be sure to assist the family in arranging for their own transportation.
What to Expect During Transport
Upon arrival, our transport team will:
- Collect signed consent forms giving permission for our team to treat, transport and admit the child to the hospital.
- Evaluate the child, receive updated information about the child’s condition from local doctors and nurses, and possibly ask parents and doctors more questions about the child.
- Communicate with our medical command physician to develop the child’s plan of care during transport.