Offered by: Nemours
Location: Orlando, Fla.
What is the trial about?
The purpose of the study is to learn more about the effectiveness and safety of VX-445 used in combination with TEZ (tezacaftor) and IVA (ivacaftor) in patients with cystic fibrosis who have two F508 deletions (F/F).
Who can participate?
Individuals, 12 years of age or older, who have a confirmed diagnosis of Cystic Fibrosis and have two F508 deletions (F/F).
What is involved?
Participation could last approximately 16 weeks. This includes a screening period that will last up to 4 weeks, 4-week run-in period, 4-week treatment period and a follow-up 4 weeks after the last dose of Study Drug.
There will be up to seven (7) clinic visits, including:
- Blood draws: The total amount of blood that will be taken during this study will be about 137mL (about 28 teaspoons). Total of six (6) scheduled blood draws.
- ECGs: Total of six (6) scheduled ECGs.
- Spirometry (PFT): Total of six (6) scheduled PFTs.
- Sweat Chloride Tests: Total of five (5) Sweat Chloride Tests.
- Eye Exam: One (1) eye exam.
Contact Nemours Clinical Trials
Trial Name: A Phase 3, Randomized, Double-Blind, Controlled Study Evaluating the Efficacy and Safety of VX-445