Offered by: Nemours Children's
Location: Delaware Valley
Multicenter Prospective Cohort Study on Current Treatments of Legg-Calve-Perthes Disease
What is the trial about?
We are creating a database to learn about hip development in patients who have Legg-Calvé-Perthes disease (Perthes), also known as idiopathic femoral head osteonecrosis.
Who can participate?
- Diagnosis of Legg-Calvé-Perthes disease (Perthes)
- Males or females, ages 6 to 17
- Treatment plan of nonoperative or operative management
What is involved?
Six hundred patients at 53 study sites will be recruited. We plan to recruit 30 patients at Nemours. The study will last five years, and visits will follow the normal clinical visit plan. The following procedures, except for the questionnaires, are part of the normal clinical visit plan:
- Clinical examination
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
- Questionnaires (research only)