Offered by: Nemours Children's
Location: Orlando, Fla.
Study of Healthy Adaptation and Resilience to Pain in Emerging Adulthood (SHARPE)
What is the trial about?
The goal of this study is to better understand what contributes to resilience (ability to bounce back after challenges) in adolescents and young adults with and without chronic pain.
Who can participate?
Adolescents and young adults (AYAs) with or without chronic musculoskeletal pain between the ages of 16 and 21 years, along with their parent/caregiver.
What is involved?
- Participants will attend 2 study visits (2–2.5 hours each), scheduled 6 months apart.
- During these visits, participants will complete questionnaires and different tasks that measure how people respond to pain.
- Some participants will also wear a smartwatch for 14 days to measure physical activity.
- Participants will be paid for their time.
- Study visits will take place at Nemours Children’s Health, Jacksonville (807 Children’s Way, Jacksonville, FL 32207).
Call or text the SHARPE study team at (904) 625-2318 or email us at SHARPE-Study@nemours.org.