Scheduled Nemours Video Visits
Visits With Nemours CareConnect
Nemours CareConnect is our video visit platform, which allows you and your child to see a Nemours provider on video from the comfort of your home.* Sometimes video visits are called "telehealth visits" . Nemours providers have been doing video visits for more than five years and have seen thousands of patients. We’re ready to provide the best care for your child.
You can use Nemours CareConnect on your smartphone, tablet or computer as long as it has a working camera and microphone, and connection to strong WiFi or cellular data service. *If you don’t have the technology required for a video visit, we may be able to arrange a video visit from a Nemours office close to your home.
Before you schedule a video visit, talk with your primary care or specialty doctor to determine if that type of visit is right for your child.
To schedule a video visit with your Nemours primary care doctor or a Nemours specialist, contact our Access Center or call the provider’s office directly.
Once your visit is scheduled, please go through the set-up process right away on your phone or computer. Check out the video below to learn how to prepare for your video visit:
- Skip the trip — no need to drive to a doctor’s office. You can see most Nemours providers from the comfort of your home.
- No waiting rooms — keep your kids healthy and out of a waiting room.
- Keep your child comfortable — doctors’ offices can be scary for kids. Take the stress off your child (and you) by keeping them in a place where they feel safe and comfortable.
Tips for Your Visit
- Your child must be with you before you start the video visit.
- Go to an area where the WiFi or your data signal is strong and stable.
- Go to a quiet and well-lit area so that the doctor can see and hear your child.
- If possible, have the visit in your home and/or in a private location. The doctor will be discussing your child’s confidential health information in the same way they would at an office visit.
- Avoid having your visit in a public place or while you are driving or moving around.
- If you or your child are eating around the time of your scheduled visit, try to finish your meal or put food aside before starting the visit.
- Make sure you are able to devote your full attention to the visit.
- Treat this visit the same way you would for an office visit — make sure you and your child are dressed and seated.
Video Visit Support
If you have more questions or need technical support, email NemoursCareConnect@nemours.org.
Most video visits are covered by insurance. Check with your insurance provider for details.