We aspire to have a residency program representative of the communities and patient population we serve. We stand together in our dedication to the health and well-being of all children, embracing their identities. The outstanding quality of our care is dependent upon and strengthened by the unique perspective of our diverse workforce, encompassing all races, ethnicities, religious affiliations, abilities, genders and sexual orientations. We foster an inclusive environment that celebrates our trainees’ distinct qualities and individual stories. We strive to train culturally humble and empathetic residents who are committed to providing comprehensive service to marginalized populations in these three domains:
- Advocacy and legislation; creating population-level solutions to improve systems that better serve our community
- Community presence; learning from and being a part of the fabric of the community
- Collaborative medicine; fostering an environment where reciprocal learning from the patient is as essential as education to the patient.
We seek applicants that align with our mission and values, with the goal of providing high-quality, comprehensive care for patients from all walks of life.
Core Principles & Goals
We strive to foster an environment where our residents feel comfortable showing up as their authentic selves and learning on a daily basis. We believe the unique experiences and varied cultural backgrounds of our residents enrich our program, and we value each individual voice and hope to build our residency through:
- Holistic review of applications
- LGBTQ+ and UIM Happy Hours
- Associate Resource Groups
- Recognition and celebration of monthly cultural observances
- UIM fellowship
- Designated APD as director of DE&I for residency program
Jefferson’s Overall Diversity Mission
We are in alignment with Jefferson's Diversity & Inclusion statement as well.