In keeping with the Nemours promise to treat every child as our own, each Nemours Children's Primary Care location in Central Florida is a certified Patient-Centered Medical Home and has a health care team that includes primary care providers, clinical staff, care coordinators and patient service representatives. Parents — the people who know their children best — are considered an important part of the team and are actively involved in decision-making.
Following evidence-based guidelines for medical care, we will work in partnership with you to help your child get healthy and stay healthy. We’ll help you find care choices that are right for your family.
A Patient-Centered Medical Home is an approach to providing health care that is designed to make it easy for families and medical professionals to work together to ensure children receive comprehensive, high quality care.
The Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC) determined that Nemours Children’s Primary Care practices in Central Florida meet AAAHC’s strict standards for being certified as a Patient-Centered Medical Home.
- We’re trained to think about the whole child, not just their medical needs.
- We work with parents and children to develop a plan of care.
- We’re here for you 24 hours a day, seven days per week.
- We use an electronic health record to keep track of vital information, including your child’s medical history, medicines, test results, and care received in other Nemours facilities.
- We will help set up appointments when your child needs care outside of the medical home.
- We follow up with other health care professionals who treat your child.
- We work hard to build trusting relationships by listening to concerns, treating children and families with compassion and respect, and honoring the culture and language needs of our patients and their families.
- We share information about community resources.
- well-child care (immunizations, health screenings and physicals)
- treatment of acute illnesses and injuries
- treatment and management of chronic diseases
- coordination of care for special needs
Easy Access to Providers 24/7
We know questions and concerns about your child's health can arise at any time, that’s why we offer so many ways to access a Nemours provider in the medical home.
- Talk to a nurse by phone any time, day or night, seven days a week by calling your Nemours Children’s Primary Care practice.
- Use your smart device and CareConnect, our award-winning telehealth app, to receive a virtual house call by a Nemours physician 24/7.
- Visit a Nemours Children’s Urgent Care facility or the Nemours Children’s Hospital Emergency Department for an illness or injury that requires immediate attention after hours.
- Go to MyNemours to send secure emails to your primary care provider.