- Behavioral health and other therapists. These clinicians assess your child’s behavior. They work with your family to design and implement behavioral, feeding, social communication and other plans.
- Developmental pediatricians. These medical doctors specialize in diagnosing and monitoring developmental disorders and problems associated with ASD, such as constipation or sleep issues. They may also assess and manage medicines, if needed.
- Child psychiatrists. These medical doctors specialize in diagnosing and treating behavioral (mental) health problems that can come with autism. They can also prescribe and manage medicines, if needed.
- Social workers. These clinicians support your family and help you find information about community, educational, government and other resources.
- Genetic counselors. These clinicians advise your family on genetic testing and the meaning of genetic testing results.
- Child Life specialists. These licensed clinicians help your child and family cope with health conditions using therapeutic play and other methods that reduce fear, worry and pain.
We also work closely with Nemours’ clinicians in speech and language therapy, occupational therapy, neurology, nutrition, gastroenterology and transition of care.