Christine Tichonevicz, DOPrimary Care
Get to Know Me
Dr. Christine Tichonevicz was born and raised in Mechanicsburg, PA. She received a BS in biology from Penn State University and her medical degree from Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine. She then went on to complete her pediatric residency at Penn State Health Children’s Hospital. During her free time, she enjoys spending all the time she can with her family and friends, and enjoys cooking, plant collecting and traveling. Dr. Tichonevicz looks forward to partnering with families to achieve all-around health and happiness for their children and cultivating long-term relationships with both patients and their families.
Why I Treat Children
I view pediatrics as a collection of passionate hearts united by a desire to secure the best future for every child. Through my past personal and professional experiences, I have fallen in love with this field and plan to work with children for the rest of my career. I love the opportunity to cultivate long-term relationships with families and to watch my patients develop, grow and thrive. I am amazed again and again by patients’ new skills, physical growth, curiosities and aspirations.
What I'm Passionate About
I am passionate about partnering with families to achieve all-around health and happiness for their children. I also have a special interest in both preventative medicine and mental health within the pediatric population. It is so important to me to see every child reach their full potential both physically and mentally, and to support their families along the way.
How I Try to Make A Difference
I am committed to providing high-quality and well-rounded care and believe that one of the most successful approaches in pediatrics is shared decision-making. I strive to build connections and rapport with families so that we can create plans of care for their children as a unified team. Citing evidence-based medicine, I aim to adequately convey to parents the facts, potential options and my own recommendations so that they feel informed and comfortable at every stage of the conversation. I know that collaborating closely and transparently creates a relationship of trust, and I want all of my patients and families to feel heard and supported in every appointment.
Education & Training
- Pediatrics - Penn State Milton S Hershey Med Ctr Program, 2023
- Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine - Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine, 2020
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna PPO/POS/EPO
- First Health/Affordable PPO
- Geisinger Health Plan Commercial
- Global Medical Managment DE/PA
- Highmark Blue Cross and Blue Shield Delaware Traditional
- Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield Delaware PPO
- Highmark Medicaid Health Options
- Highmark PA CHIP & Commercial
- Horizon Blue Cross and Blue Shield NJ HMO
- Horizon Blue Cross and Blue Shield of NJ PPO
- IBC AMERIHEALTH KEYSTONE HMO/PPO PCP PA
- Independence Blue Cross/Amerihealth/Keystone HMO PPO
- Insurance Administrators of America
- Multiplan PPO
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Star Healthcare Network
- Three Rivers Provider Network
- Tricare/Humana Military Health Services
- United Healthcare of the Mid-Atlantic
- UPMC MCAID/CHIP PA DE