Collaborating for Kids
Children and adults are different, and their medical care should be too. That’s why Nemours Children’s Health System collaborates with Indian River Medical Center to offer specialized pediatric expertise to children and families in Indian River County.
Combining Indian River’s own highly trained staff with our advanced pediatric care demonstrates our shared belief that kids do better when we work together.
What Nemours Offers at This Location
Nemours pediatric specialists are available around-the-clock at Indian River Medical Center for:
- Emergency Department (ED) care — Nemours pediatric specialists provide consultations for children and teens in Indian River Medical Center’s Emergency Department. That means Indian River Medical Center physicians ask our pediatric specialists for their expertise in order to give children the best possible care from doctors who treat kids every day. Indian River Medical Center already treats more than 10,000 pediatric patients annually, and the availability of Nemours specialists makes the care they offer even stronger.
- Newborn care — Nemours hospitalists also provide care in the hospital’s newborn nursery.
Nemours and Indian River Medical Center also work together to:
- facilitate the transfer of extremely ill children to Nemours Children's Hospital in Orlando
- coordinate care, when needed, with our specialists at Nemours Children's Specialty Care, Melbourne or Nemours Children’s Hospital
- offer a telehealth connection — Caregivers at Indian River Medical Center use Nemours CareConnect technology for online video consultations with Nemours pediatric specialists. In this way, Nemours specialists can help deliver the best health care possible to Indian River Medical Center’s pediatric patients.