Children and adults are different, and their medical care should be too. That’s why Nemours Children’s Health collaborates with Cleveland Clinic Indian River Hospital to offer specialized pediatric expertise to children and families in Indian River County.
Combining Cleveland Clinic Indian River Hospital’s own highly trained staff with our advanced pediatric care demonstrates our shared belief that kids do better when we work together.
What Nemours Offers at This Location
Nemours pediatric specialists are available around-the-clock at Cleveland Clinic Indian River Hospital for:
- Emergency Department (ED) care — Nemours pediatric specialists provide consultations for children and teens in Cleveland Clinic Indian River Hospital’s Emergency Department. That means Cleveland Clinic Indian River Hospital physicians ask our pediatric specialists for their expertise in order to give children the best possible care from doctors who treat kids every day. Cleveland Clinic Indian River Hospital already treats more than 10,000 pediatric patients annually, and the availability of Nemours specialists makes the care they offer even stronger.
- Newborn care — Nemours hospitalists also provide care in the hospital’s newborn nursery.
Nemours and Cleveland Clinic Indian River Hospital also work together to:
- Facilitate the transfer of extremely ill children to Nemours Children's Hospital, Florida in Orlando
- Coordinate care, when needed, with our specialists at Nemours Children's Health, Melbourne or Nemours Children’s Hospital
- Offer a telehealth connection — Caregivers at Cleveland Clinic Indian River Hospital use Nemours Children's telehealth technology for online video consultations with Nemours pediatric specialists. In this way, Nemours specialists can help deliver the best health care possible to Indian River Medical Center’s pediatric patients.