Collaborating for Kids
Children and teens are different from adults and need specialized care. That’s why Nemours Children’s Health System collaborates with Inspira Medical Center Vineland to offer pediatric expertise to children and families from Cumberland, Salem and Gloucester counties.
Combining Inspira Medical Center Vineland’s highly trained physicians and staff with Nemours specialists demonstrates our shared belief that kids do better when we work together.
What Nemours Offers at This Location
Nemours pediatric specialists are available around-the-clock at Inspira Medical Center Vineland for:
- Emergency Department (ED) care — Our pediatric specialists provide consultations for children and teens in the hospital’s ED, as needed. That means Inspira Medical Center Vineland’s physicians ask our pediatric specialists for their expertise in order to give children the best possible care from doctors who treat kids every day. The hospital’s ED is designed specifically for children, with specialized equipment and exam rooms, as well as a kid-friendly waiting area.
- Pediatric unit care — A team of Nemours hospitalists (board-certified pediatricians who are experts in treating hospitalized infants, children and adolescents) provide pediatric care in the hospital’s pediatric unit.
- Newborn care — Nemours neonatologists (newborn medicine specialists) provide care for babies in the hospital’s advanced Level III Deborah H. Sager Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU). Level III means our neonatologists there can offer advanced care for premature, low birth weight and critically ill infants born prematurely as young as 28 weeks into the pregnancy.
Nemours and Inspira Medical Center Vineland also work together to:
- assist families who don’t have a primary care pediatrician in finding one for ongoing care
- coordinate with your child’s physician
- facilitate the transfer of extremely ill children to duPont Hospital for Children
- coordinate care, as needed, with our specialists at Nemours duPont Pediatrics, Vineland and Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children in Wilmington, Del.