Children and adults are different, and their medical care should be too. That’s why Nemours Children’s Health collaborates with Lakeland Regional Health to offer specialized pediatric expertise to children and families throughout Polk County.
Combining Lakeland Regional Health’s own highly trained staff with our advanced pediatric care demonstrates our shared belief that kids do better when we work together.
What Nemours Offers at This Location
Nemours Children's pediatric specialists are available around-the-clock at Lakeland Regional Health for:
- Outpatient specialty care — Specialists from Nemours Children’s Hospital, Florida in Orlando collaborate with providers at Lakeland Regional Health to offer inpatient cardiac care plus a growing list of pediatric specialty services at the Carol Jenkins Barnett Pavillion for Women and Children campus where Nemours Children’s Health, Lakeland offers outpatient appointments such as audiology, cardiology, endocrinology, ENT, fetal medicine, gastroenterology, general surgery (consultations and follow-ups), neurology, plastic surgery, pulmonology, orthopedic, ophthalmology, radiology, rheumatology and urology.
Nemours Children's Health and Lakeland Regional Health also work together to:
- Facilitate the transfer of extremely ill children to Nemours Children's Hospital, Florida in Orlando
- Coordinate care, when needed, with our specialists at Nemours Children’s Health, Lakeland or Nemours Children’s Hospital, Florida.
- Offer a telehealth connection — Caregivers at Lakeland Regional Health Medical Center use Nemours app for online video consultations with Nemours Children's providers. In this way, specialists at Nemours can help deliver the best health care possible to Lakeland Regional Health’s pediatric patients.
- Emergency Department (ED) care — Our physicians provide consultations for children and teens in Lakeland Regional Health Medical Center’s Emergency Department. That means Lakeland physicians ask our pediatric specialists for their expertise in order to give children the best possible care from doctors who treat kids every day.
- General Pediatric Unit — A team of Nemours pediatric hospitalist physicians (board-certified in pediatrics who are experts in treating hospitalized children and adolescents) provide care in the hospital’s general pediatric unit.
- Pediatric Intensive Care Unit — A team of Nemours pediatric critical care physicians (board-certified in pediatric critical care medicine who are experts in treating hospitalized children and adolescents) provide care in the hospital’s pediatric intensive care unit.