Adult care may not be the best fit for children’s needs. That’s why Nemours Children’s collaborates with Thomas Jefferson University Hospital to offer specialized pediatric expertise and equipment in Center City Philadelphia.
Combining Jefferson Health's distinguish reputation and central location with Nemours advanced pediatric care demonstrates our shared belief that kids do better when we work together.
What Nemours Offers at This Location
Nemours pediatric specialists are available around-the-clock at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital for:
- Emergency Department (ED) care — Our pediatric specialists provide consultations for children and teens in the hospital’s ED, as needed. That means Jefferson Health's physicians consult with our pediatric specialists in order to give children the best possible care from doctors who treat kids every day.
- Newborn care — Nemours pediatricians from Nemours Children's Health, Philadelphia provide daily well-baby examinations for newborns at the hospital's family-friendly, mother baby unit.
Nemours neonatologist (newborn medicine specialists) also care for babies in the hospital's Level III Neonatal Inensive Care Unit (NICU). Level III means that we provide advanced care for premature, low birth weight and critically ill infants.
Nemours and Jefferson also work together to:
- Collaborate on important research studies
- Collaborate on pediatric programs that include input from multiple medical specialties for chronic or complex medical conditions
- Coordinate care, when needed, with our specialists at Nemours Children's Health, Philadelphia and at Nemours Children’s Hospital, Delaware in Wilmington, Del.
- Facilitate the transfer of extremely ill patients to Nemours Children’s Hospital, Delaware
- Provide telehealth consults (specialty video consultations) in the emergency department at Jefferson Methodist Hospital, 2.5 miles away in South Philadelphia