Collaborating for Kids
Adult care may not be the best fit for children’s needs. That’s why Nemours Children’s Health System collaborates with Thomas Jefferson University Hospital (TJUH) to offer specialized pediatric expertise and equipment in Center City Philadelphia.
Combining TJUH’s great reputation and central location with Nemours advanced pediatric care demonstrates our shared belief that kids do better when we work together.
What Nemours Offers at This Location
Nemours pediatric specialists are available around-the-clock at TJUH for:
- Emergency Department (ED) care — Our pediatric specialists provide consultations for children and teens in the hospital’s ED, as needed. That means TJUH’s physicians ask our pediatric specialists for their expertise in order to give children the best possible care from doctors who treat kids every day.
- Newborn care — Nemours neonatologists (newborn medicine specialists) provide daily well-baby examinations for newborns at the hospital’s family-friendly, mother-baby unit. They also care for babies in the hospital’s Level III neonatal intensive care unit (NICU). Level III means that we provide advanced care for premature, low birth weight and critically ill infants.
Nemours and TJUH also work together to:
- collaborate on important research studies
- collaborate on pediatric programs that include input from multiple medical specialties for chronic or complex medical conditions
- coordinate care, when needed, with our specialists at Nemours duPont Pediatrics, Philadelphia and at Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children in Wilmington, Del.
- facilitate the transfer of extremely ill patients to duPont Hospital for Children
- provide telehealth consults (specialty video consultations) in the emergency department at Jefferson Health’s Methodist Hospital, 2.5 miles away in South Philadelphia