Collaborating for Kids
Kids are different than adults, and often need specialized pediatric care. That’s why Nemours Children’s Health System collaborates with Wolfson Children’s Hospital — it’s our shared belief that kids do better when we work together.
We combine Wolfson Children’s Hospital own highly trained staff with our own expertise in key specialties to offer advanced pediatric care to children and families in and around Northeast Florida.
What Nemours Offers at This Location
Nemours specialists are available around-the-clock at Wolfson Children’s Hospital for:
- Emergency Department (ED) care — Our physicians provide consultations for children and teens in the Wolfson Children’s Hospital Emergency Department.
- Pediatric unit care — A team of Nemours pediatric hospitalists (board-certified pediatricians who are experts in treating hospitalized infants, children and adolescents) provides care in the hospital’s pediatric unit.
- Outpatient specialty care — Our specialists, from a wide variety of medical subspecialties, are available for consultation when needed.
- Surgery and anesthesia — Nemours surgeons perform complex procedures in the Wolfson Children’s Hospital operating suites, as well as at the Wolfson Surgery Center. In addition, all anesthesia services at Wolfson are provided by Nemours board-certified pediatric anesthesiologists, who specialize in the treatment of newborns, kids and teens.
Nemours and Wolfson Children’s Hospital also work together to:
- collaborate in multidisciplinary pediatric programs for chronic or complex medical conditions
- collaborate on important clinical research studies that provide the latest protocols for children with serious health conditions
- coordinate care, when needed, with our specialists at Nemours Children's Specialty Care, Jacksonville