The Academic General Pediatrics Fellowship Program (AGP) at the Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children, in affiliation with Sidney Kimmel Medical College at Thomas Jefferson University, provides pediatricians with comprehensive training in academic general pediatrics and pediatric research. The 2-year program seeks to train pediatricians in research methodology, education, population health and advocacy.
Fellows should expect that, upon completion of the fellowship, they will be competitive for academic faculty positions in general pediatrics at major institutions. Graduating fellows will be confident in her/his skills to function as an academic clinician who participates in education, research, advocacy or population health. The Nemours AGP Fellowship is accredited through the Academic Pediatrics Association.
Apply for This Fellowship
Deadline: September 1, 2019
Training Begins: July 1, 2020
Currently Accepting Applications
- Application form
- Personal statement — two pages or less
- Describe reason for pursuing general academic pediatrics fellowship
- Describe research and clinical interests, project ideas
- Describe career goals
- Letters of recommendation (minimum three)
- One from pediatric residency program director
- Two other letters supporting your candidacy
- Portfolio of prior work (research or QI)
Nemours AGP Fellowship participates in the NRMP match for fellowship candidates.
Eligibility of Candidates
- completed a three-year accredited pediatric residency program
- board eligible/board-certified in pediatrics
- If a graduate of a medical school outside the United States, Canada or Puerto Rico, a valid ECFMG certificate or one that does not expire prior to the start of the fellowship.
- If a citizen of a country other than the United States, or without permanent resident status in the United States, a copy of current and appropriate visa(s).