Academic General Pediatrics Fellowship
The Academic General Pediatrics Fellowship Program (AGP) at the Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children, in affiliation with Sidney Kimmel Medical College at Thomas Jefferson University, provides pediatricians with comprehensive training in academic general pediatrics and pediatric research. The 2-year program seeks to train pediatricians in research methodology, education, population health and advocacy.
Fellows should expect that, upon completion of the fellowship, they will be competitive for academic faculty positions in general pediatrics at major institutions. Graduating fellows will be confident in her/his skills to function as an academic clinician who participates in education, research, advocacy or population health. The Nemours AGP Fellowship is accredited through the Academic Pediatrics Association .
Our Fellowship Program
The 2-year program provides comprehensive training in general pediatrics with specific focus in the following tracks as per the fellow’s clinical interests:
- Complex care (inpatient and outpatient)
- Pediatric "Access" clinics (developmental-behavioral pediatrics, gastroenterology, dermatology, headache/concussion, enuresis and genetics)
- Primary care and continuity clinics
- Health services and population health research
- Clinical and translational pediatric research
- Fellows in this program should expect exposure to diverse clinical training. Fellows will also participate in research training and will have substantial research experiences in order to expand their skill set and knowledge base.
- No greater than 40 percent of the training is dedicated to clinical time while at minimum 60 percent of the training is dedicated to research.
- The fellow will interact with other subspecialty fellows through didactic lectures and research training courses.
- Fellows will have access to the Delaware Center for Translational Research/ACCEL program at Nemours, including the CTR’s mentoring and research education resources.
- Fellows will have the opportunity to collaborate with members of our multidisciplinary clinical teams.
- Fellows will have access to professional development resources.