What to Expect
We provide hospital care, pediatric and neonatal intensive care, cardiac critical care, and inpatient rehabilitation at Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children, Wilmington, Del.
When You Arrive
Use the hospital entrance into the Anthony N. Fusco Sr. Atrium. Check in with your photo ID at the Welcome Center and a patient representative will help you with next steps.
We welcome visits anytime from family and friends of all ages (within the guidelines set by your child’s doctors).
A few reminders:
- Visitors must wear a badge at all times (photo ID is required at check-in).
- If you’re sick or have a fever or contagious condition, please don’t visit patient care areas. We may require visitors to wear face masks.
- We don’t allow latex balloons or live plants or flowers in patient rooms.
- Our campus (including parking areas) is tobacco-, smoke- and vapor-free.
- Hospital quiet hours are 8 p.m. to 8 a.m. daily.
Safety & Security
Your child and family are in good hands at one of the safest children’s hospitals in the country (The Leapfrog Group, 2012).
- Integrated, continuously updated electronic health records are accessible to care team members anywhere in the hospital.
- Advanced patient locator technology means we know where your child is at all times.
- Visible security presence keeps you safe wherever you are on campus.
- Remote 24/7 tracking of your child’s vitals and alarms offer an additional set of eyes and ears, even when a nurse is away from the bedside. Learn More »