- Hospital Operations
- Patients & Families
Hospital Operations Committees
These committees focus on how we can improve the overall operations of the hospital to improve patient and family satisfaction.
- Cultural Competency Committee: Integrates inclusion and health equality principles into the organization
- Ethics Committee: Develops staff medical ethics education, and reviews and/or participates in ethics consultations.
- Lean Process/Emergency Department Experience Engineering Committee: Improves the care experience in the hospital’s Emergency Department
Patient Satisfaction Committees
These committees create ways to improve patient and family satisfaction in specific areas of hospital operations:
- Ambulatory Surgery Satisfaction
- Emergency Department Satisfaction
- Inpatient Satisfaction
- Medical Practice Satisfaction
- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) Satisfaction
- Outpatient Satisfaction
- Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU) Satisfaction
Patients & Family Service Communities
We also offer groups that focus on specific hospital services.
Family as Faculty Committee
A Family Advisory Council subcommittee, this committee shares information about caring for children with injury or illness with staff and medical students.
Medical Home Committee
This group finds ways to help with our Foster Health Care Program services
Palliative Care Committee
For children and families dealing with end-of-life or life-limiting conditions, this committees searches for ways that improve the quality of life.
Patient Safety Committee
This committee's goal is to develop a safer hospital environment for children and their families.