Center for Pediatric Clinical Research and Development (CPCRD)
Nemours fosters the development of state-of-the-art clinical and translational research (which turns findings from basic science into practical applications to improve patient health).
Under the direction of Robert Akins, PhD, we collaborate to identify and foster high-quality, clinical pediatric research. The CPCRD supports clinical research across all disciplines and Nemours sites.
The Center’s goals include:
- Connecting junior and mid-level researchers with key resources that reduce the administrative burden associated with initiating and conducting pediatric research
- Implementing advisory and mentoring programs in which experienced senior investigators help pediatric clinician scientists from Nemours achieve independent external funding
The Center's Mission
The CPCRD is dedicated to improving the health of children by fostering the development of state-of-the-art clinical research at Nemours.
The center’s staff combines the expertise of faculty from various areas of research:
- Robert Akins, PhD, Director
- Greg Stets, RN, BSN, MHA, Administrative Liaison, Nemours Delaware Valley
- Melissa McClemens, MBA, Administrative Liaison, Nemours Florida
- Mary McElwain, Administrative Coordinator