At Nemours Children’s Hospital (Orlando), we offer full-service juvenile arthritis care in one place. Our state-of-the-art program is specifically designed to lighten the burden of families seeking treatment for JA and similar conditions. Our program supports families by providing a full team: doctor, nurse, behavioral health specialist, social worker, Child Life specialist and physical therapist.
We may also help support kids and their families through:
- connections with other families and community/family groups
- education about the disease process and how to organize medication schedules at home
- addressing and helping families cope with the emotional toll that juvenile arthritis can have on children and their families
- access (during clinic days) to dedicated Nemours Associates to help those struggling with school, coping and financial resources
- PedsAcademy — the world’s first pediatric school program designed to provide kids in hospitals with research-backed, technology-based educational opportunities specific to a child’s disease or condition
We’re able to offer our juvenile arthritis program, thanks in part to a generous donation by the Schott Family in honor of their daughter.