Since 1985, Auxiliary members have helped patients and their families, visitors and the community. We accomplish this by volunteering throughout the Hospital and raising funds through Gift Shop operations and donations.
Auxiliary gifts to the Hospital include funding of the Sensory Playroom in the Child Life Clubhouse and the ZeroG Gait and Balance System in the Therapeutic and Rehabilitative Department. The Auxiliary also administers the Family Assistance Fund to help qualified patients and their families with nonmedical expenses.
- Staff Rocco and Mary Abessinio Gift Shop
- Volunteer across the hospital, including:
- Baby Bookworm for infant language nourishment
- Hospitality Hour of hot beverage service for families
- Read Aloud Delaware for reading stories to children
- Child Life to engage and encourage patients and siblings in play
- Surgical and Welcome Center reception desks
How to Get Involved
We invite you to join us in our commitment to serving children and families by becoming a member of the Auxiliary.
Requirements to join:
- Complete the Volunteer Application Process
- Be prepared to volunteer at least 50 hours per year
- Pay annual dues of $25 (All of which supports the Family Assistance Fund)