International Medicine Program, Delaware
Resources and Logistics
- Appointment Process
- Medical Records
- Financial Services
Appointment Process: What to Expect
When you contact our office, our team will respond within 24 business hours to assist you through the steps below. Before, during and after your child’s care, you’ll have one person from the international medicine team who will always be your single point of contact.
In preparation for your visit:
- You will need to fill out a new patient contact form.
- You will need to gather and translate your child's medical records to English.
- You will need to see if you require a visa to travel here, and apply for one if so. Learn more about applying for a U.S. visa.
- We will work with Nemours Children's doctors to determine the most appropriate physician and treatment plan and schedule your child’s appointment dates and times.
- We will provide a cost estimation, insurance verification (if applicable) and payment options.
- We will help with airport, ground transportation and hotel and long-term accommodation options, and travel and visa confirmation.
Once you arrive for your visit, our team will:
- Arrange to meet you before your first appointment
- Escort you to your initial appointment and help schedule additional appointments
- Assist with any pharmaceutical and medical equipment needs
- Provide financial counseling
- Assist with guest services needs
- Provide medical records as they become available
As you prepare to return home, our team will:
- Follow up with Nemours Children's physicians
- Facilitate communication with the treating physician in your country
- Provide copies of your Nemours Children's medical records to take home with you (as they become available)
- Assist with medicine needs
- Schedule follow-up appointments (if necessary)
What to Know About Medical Records
To schedule an appointment, we need your child’s medical records. Here are the key things to know:
- Your child’s records must be translated into English before we can proceed with scheduling an appointment.
- You can send medical records to Nemours via email, FedEx, postal service or even fax.
- Email: IMinfo@nemours.org
- Fax: +1 (302) 298-8986
- Postal Address:
Attention: International Medicine Program Office
1600 Rockland Road, Wilmington, DE 19803 USA
- Medical record translation is a patient’s responsibility. You can send us records already translated, or we can arrange to send it out for translation at your cost.
- Medical records are protected by HIPAA privacy laws in the United States.
Financial Services FAQs
What is the cost estimate?
Once you have completed your form and submitted your medical records, we will provide you with a cost estimate.
- We’ll provide this estimate at no charge.
- Our estimate is based on the personalized treatment for your child’s conditions.
- It’s an informed guess of what your child’s treatment will cost, but isn’t a guarantee.
- We’ll email you the estimate, with a deadline for accepting or rejecting the offer.
Does Nemours Children's accept international health insurance?
Nemours accepts some international health insurance providers. Once you have completed your contact form, a member of our international medicine team will work with you to verify your international health insurance provider.
What payment methods do you accept?
We’ll make initial payment arrangements with you once you accept the cost estimate and your appointments are scheduled.
After your child’s treatment, you will have an exit meeting with a financial specialist. A financial specialist is someone from Nemours who will review the costs and charges. In this exit meeting, you can ask questions and confirm payment methods.
You can pay for your child’s treatment with:
- Cash (USD)
- Credit cards
- Wire transfers
- Other methods you can discuss with your financial specialist
How can I pay my bill?
Visit this page to pay your bill
How can I contact someone at Nemours Children's about financial services?