Aortopulmonary window is an extremely rare, congenital (present at birth) heart defect. Our Nemours Cardiac Center team has the experience and advanced pediatric imaging needed to provide diagnosis, treatment and surgical repair of AP window and related defects like interrupted aortic arch (IAA). If your baby is born with aortopulmonary window, our pediatric cardiologists and heart surgeons are here to answer your questions, ease your concerns and provide the latest in research-backed care, delivered with compassion. Our pediatric heart care teams offer supportive services for your family — from diagnosis through treatment.
Expert, Gentle Care for AP Window in Children
Services We Offer for Aortopulmonary Window
The expert teams in our Nemours Cardiac Center locations offer a full range of pediatric heart care for congenital heart defects like AP window. Services vary by specialist and location, but may include:
- Cardiac Catheterization. A procedure used to diagnose or treat cardiac problems by inserting a thin plastic, flexible tube (called a “catheter”) into an artery or vein, and threading it through the bloodstream into the heart and its large blood vessels.
- Cardiac Diagnostics and Kid-Friendly Imaging. State-of-the-art, noninvasive and minimally invasive tests for kids of all ages, including babies still in the womb.
- Cardiology. Your child’s cardiologist will provide long-term treatment including medications, monitoring and preventive care.
- Cardiovascular Genetics Counseling. For conditions that are caused, at least in part, by changes in genes.
- Heart Surgery. We offer advanced procedures to repair congenital heart defects, performed by board-certified, fellowship-trained cardiothoracic surgeons.
Why Choose Us for AP Window Repair and Care
World-class children’s heart care requires the compassion to understand your family's journey, and the expertise to heal even the most complex conditions. Our cardiac surgeons treat a vast array of heart defects in even the tiniest newborns, using the most innovative, up-to-date approaches. Our specialty is the early detection and repair of heart problems. Our heart specialists have been recognized for their commitment to delivering top-notch, compassionate care to children with congenital heart disease.
Regional Aortopulmonary Window Highlights
Services, programs, facilities and care teams differ at each location. Call for details.
We offer care for newborns and children with AP window at Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children (Wilmington, Del.) and select Nemours duPont Pediatrics locations.
The Nemours Cardiac Center located at Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children is ranked among the best children’s hospitals in the nation for pediatric cardiology and heart surgery by U.S. News and World Report.
We offer care for newborns and children with AP window at Nemours Children’s Hospital (Orlando) and select Nemours Children’s Specialty Care locations.
Our renowned pediatric cardiology and cardiothoracic surgery team at the Nemours Cardiac Center in Central Florida offers inpatient, critical and surgical care at Nemours Children’s Hospital in Orlando — including dedicated cardiac anesthesiologists and state-of-the-art cardiac intensive care unit (CICU).
We offer care for children with AP window at Nemours Children’s Specialty Care, Pensacola and our hospital affiliate, West Florida Healthcare, with outpatient and follow-up appointments also available at select Nemours Children’s Specialty Care locations.
Our Nemours Cardiac Center in Pensacola is home to one of the few accredited pediatric transthoracic and fetal echocardiography labs in Florida and, if needed, can facilitate the transfer of extremely ill children between our Nemours Cardiac Center locations (e.g., to Nemours Children’s Hospital).