Unroofed coronary sinus (UCS) is an extremely rare, congenital (present at birth) heart defect. It’s a type of atrial septal defect, and surgery is needed to repair it. Our Nemours Cardiac Center team has the experience and imaging technology needed to diagnose and repair unroofed coronary sinus — even in newborns only hours old. If your baby has UCS, our pediatric cardiologists and heart surgeons offer research-backed care, in a family-centered setting.
Unroofed Coronary Sinus Syndrome
Expert, Gentle Care for UCS in Children
Services We Offer for Unroofed Coronary Sinus Syndrome
The expert teams in our Nemours Cardiac Center locations offer a full range of pediatric heart care for coronary sinus atrial septal defects. Services vary by specialist and location, but may include:
- Cardiac Catheterization. A procedure used to diagnose or treat cardiac problems by inserting a thin plastic, flexible tube (called a “catheter”) into an artery or vein, and threading it through the bloodstream into the heart and its large blood vessels.
- Cardiac Diagnostics and Kid-Friendly Imaging. State-of-the-art, noninvasive and minimally invasive tests for kids of all ages, including babies still in the womb.
- Cardiology. Your child’s cardiologist will help with medications and monitoring, as well as long-term treatment plans and preventive care.
- Cardiovascular Genetics Counseling. For conditions that are caused, at least in part, by changes in genes.
- Heart Surgery We offer advanced procedures for congenital heart disease performed by board-certified, fellowship-trained cardiothoracic surgeons.
Why Choose Us for Unroofed Coronary Sinus Syndrome Repair and Care
World-class heart care requires the compassion to understand your family's journey, and the expertise to heal even the most complex conditions. Our cardiac surgeons treat a vast array of heart defects in infants, children and teens, using the most innovative, up-to-date approaches. Our specialty is the early detection and repair of heart problems, so your child will have the best possible chance for a healthy future.
Regional UCS Highlights
Services, programs, facilities and care teams differ at each location. Call for details.
We offer care for newborns and children with coronary sinus atrial septal defects at Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children (Wilmington, Del.) and select Nemours duPont Pediatrics locations.
The Nemours Cardiac Center located at Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children is ranked among the best children’s hospitals in the nation for pediatric cardiology and heart surgery by U.S. News and World Report.
We offer care for newborns and children with coronary sinus atrial septal defects at Nemours Children’s Hospital (Orlando) and select Nemours Children’s Specialty Care locations.
Our renowned pediatric cardiology and cardiothoracic surgery team at the Nemours Cardiac Center in Central Florida offers inpatient, critical and surgical care at Nemours Children’s Hospital in Orlando — including dedicated cardiac anesthesiologists and state-of-the-art cardiac intensive care unit (CICU).
We offer care for children with coronary sinus atrial septal defects at Nemours Children’s Specialty Care, Pensacola and our hospital affiliate, West Florida Healthcare, with outpatient and follow-up appointments also available at select Nemours Children’s Specialty Care locations.
Our Nemours Cardiac Center in Pensacola is home to one of the few accredited pediatric transthoracic and fetal echocardiography labs in Florida and, if needed, can facilitate the transfer of extremely ill children between our Nemours Cardiac Center locations (e.g., to Nemours Children’s Hospital).